Push-pocket in kuala lumpur

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you google it, you will notice that this same message was also posted in 2007 elsewhere on the internet

yeah lah.... budak tu bertelur sebiji, riuh sekampung. sekarang CS bros pun tahu budak tu sebiji telur sahaja.

ok, i help to translate word for word.

bahasa - english

budak tu - that kid
bertelur sebiji - has an egg
riuh sekampung - broadcast to the whole village
sekarang - now
CS bros - CS bros
pun tahu - also know
budak tu - that kid
sebiji telur - one egg
sahaja - only

By the time a trick is posted on internet or sent by email, there are newer tricks already.

The old fashion way of gun/knife point robbery is still the easiest method to get cash.

Nothing can stop the robbers from getting smarter. But the safest bet is to go out less when out in those countries. Park car at big malls and do not get stingy on parking fees. Shop and dine at big malls. Avoid taking cabs even as you cant tell a cabby from a robber.

If in doubt, stay in hotel. Better yet, stay in a mall hotel like midvalley in KL (like i usually would). Almost everything is there... and if need to go out, get friends to bring you around. The locals will have their know hows to get around safely - even to the extent of going to chinatown to eat past midnight.

I have travelled alone and even with my notebook. I took cab and sometimes even walked alone on streets to take some pictures (even after 11pm). Whether in USA, KL, JB, Taipei, Jakarta, different parts of China, some parts of Europe, etc... so far i survived going out alone and walk on the streets even in the late evening.

Why? Maybe i had been lucky. Maybe i never fell into temptation for sex, for cheap thrills and never respond to peddlers on streets. I dress humbly and am usually armed and have a loud alarm. But i had been lucky perhaps that i never need to defend myself or to use the alarm - really lucky i mean.

What i want to say is, by all means go enjoy the holiday. Just do not venture into the wrong path like a dark alley, prostitution/drugs areas, disco/gangster districts and areas you are told to avoid. Just be safe.

Think like the locals do. They get around alive and so can you.

if, and oni if lar, u guys go to malaysia, and are super paranoid like somebody here lar, i suggest u guys dress down, or at the very least dress to look like a local. meaning, strictly no bermudas! walk like a local as well...not like the ah beng walking style or the (i am sorry to say this, but unfortunately i find this true) arrogant look. u wont notice it urself, but ppl on the streets in kl can tell the country of origin of some ppl merely by looking at the way they dress and walk.

and lastly, don stare at groups of malays like a gawking ang moh.:bsmilie:

well here are my thoughts..

1) when you visit another country, you should know what to expect and figure out for yourselves the risks.

2) don't bother dressing up when going out, it's better if you dress like the locals(can't be helped if you're angmoh)

3) try to blend in, walk with a purpose

4) avoid attracting attention

5) always keep a spare wallet, with a few dollars in it and store your wallet elsewhere.

6) get a secret neck pouch like I have, store your passports, about a hundred ringgit cash.

just some tips here as I frequent malaysia quite often and have had some bad experiences there.

if, and oni if lar, u guys go to malaysia, and are super paranoid like somebody here lar, i suggest u guys dress down, or at the very least dress to look like a local. meaning, strictly no bermudas! walk like a local as well...not like the ah beng walking style or the (i am sorry to say this, but unfortunately i find this true) arrogant look. u wont notice it urself, but ppl on the streets in kl can tell the country of origin of some ppl merely by looking at the way they dress and walk.

and lastly, don stare at groups of malays like a gawking ang moh.:bsmilie:

true.. most malaysians think singaporeans are arrogant. so it would throw them off if you're all smiley and nice. i once unknowingly drove into an unknown kampong in the middle of a 'kelapa sawit' plantation, got lost, stopped at the village coffee shop and ordered a cup of coffee and had a conversation with the villagers. they then pointed me in the right direction. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.