purple fringing ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bunor

Jul 8, 2004
hi all, i noticed some purple fringing on this photo. is there anyway i can aviod that ?

DSC09223_copy.jpg

btw, this a photo of my aroma thingy. comments ? :)

bunor said:
hi all, i noticed some purple fringing on this photo. is there anyway i can aviod that ?

DSC09223_copy.jpg

btw, this a photo of my aroma thingy. comments ? :)

You can try to reduce the chromatic aberration by choosing a smaller aperture. CA is an inherent problem of digital photography.

I see a smiling humpty dumpty in your picture. :)

CaeSiuM said:
You can try to reduce the chromatic aberration by choosing a smaller aperture. CA is an inherent problem of digital photography.

I tot CA is due to the lens? nothing to do with digital or not digital

Last time when i used consumer lens, the CA is pretty serious, but no more since I upgraded to "L" lenses.

Just checked the EXIF, since the shot was taken at f4 and nothing can be done with your F828 lens, you can stop down to f8 and try not to use the two extreme ends of the zoom. I am not sure what is the focal length of F828 lens, let's say max zoom is 5x, the sweet point should be the middle, around 2.5x

Wai said:
I tot CA is due to the lens? nothing to do with digital or not digital

What I meant was that it is a much more serious problem with digital camera. I'm not a physicist nor do I profess to know what causes it to be more serious in digital camera but it's probably due to the way CCDs/CMOSes over-exaggerating the color fringing.

A check on google: http://en.mimi.hu/photography/chromatic_aberration.html

Well..for this pic try to use a smaller aperture since the background is still quite far away and should not be affected too much. Personally, I find the purple fringing ok. If you have not told me about it. I won't even take note or care about it at all. Overall, the picture is pleasing. :thumbsup:

is the purple fringing only on the top right hand corner? if it is, i think i din even notice it the 1st few times i glanced at it...

Hey DCA..i think you find urself a new toy! dun you think the article (dun know exactly what that is) looks like the red version of ur alarm clock? with its two eyes?? haha...interesting.

rexus said:
Hey DCA..i think you find urself a new toy! dun you think the article (dun know exactly what that is) looks like the red version of ur alarm clock? with its two eyes?? haha...interesting.

that 1 like got wear a french cap on the head leh... mine no cap 1.. :blah: :bsmilie:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
is the purple fringing only on the top right hand corner? if it is, i think i din even notice it the 1st few times i glanced at it...

same same ...i have the same feeling...
i don think it is serious as don notice that for the first few glances.

bry'an said:
same same ...i have the same feeling...
i don think it is serious as don notice that for the first few glances.

Purple may not be that obvious on such shots but when shooting at objects with strong backlight, it can get pretty obvious. eg. shooting through leaves with a bright backdrop. The 828 seems to be extra susceptible to this.

But well, a simple Action in Photoshop will cure it. ;)

i suck at photoshop...... too many things in there make me very confused

bunor said:
i suck at photoshop...... too many things in there make me very confused

Photoshop is not easy to use, esp considering the level of my skill now. All you need is to learn some basics.

In most (but not all) situations, PF can be drastically reduced using the following method in Photoshop Elements - choose "enhance", "adjust color", "hue/saturation". Choose the magenta channel and crank "lightness" all the way up or all the way down.

Give it a try and see if it works for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.