Purple Fringing: Lens Characteristic?

Yup, Lightroom automatic lens profile is a life saver where this is concerned. :)

But that only removes lateral CA, don't think it can help TS in this case, I believe the purple fringing here has different origins.

Where i can get Lens profile for lightroom?:think:

I'm using LR3, and if you look under Lens Correction -> automatic, you should be able to choose the brand and the lens. I didn't add anything extra to it, so I think the profiles came with LR3.

I'm using LR3, and if you look under Lens Correction -> automatic, you should be able to choose the brand and the lens. I didn't add anything extra to it, so I think the profiles came with LR3.

Errr.. PF is correctable easily with LR3 too

Errr.. PF is correctable easily with LR3 too

I took another look, is it by using the defringe function? I've never had to use that, so it slipped my mind. My bad. :embrass:

Ok, this is kinda off-thread but i don't think its a subject worth posting a new thread on, so i'll just do it here.

It's a quick & dirty comparison between the DA 18-135mm with the Takumar 135mm 2.5. Both are JPEGs, shot at 135mm at F8.0 and handheld. All camera settings are the same for both. No other adjustments. No PP.

This is from the Takumar 135mm prime f 2.5

5627708591_c8288da992_b.jpg

This is from a DA 18-135mm zoom

5627699197_90e9038bca_b.jpg

What is really noticeable is the marked difference in colour rendition. The Takumar is so much "colder" or is it that the DA is much more "warm"?

May I know which one is closer to the actual scene?

May I know which one is closer to the actual scene?

Tough to say... on the day, at the time, probably the DA's is closer but neither is "on-the-dot" accurate...

my quick thought is that the takumar is a little lacking in contrast - not entirely surprising if its the non-SMC version. its a good lens, but its less forgiving when used under some conditions.

The sun is out on the 2nd pic if you ask me... look at the shadows so obvious... how to compare like that...

you may be right. i can't be entirely sure as i was paying more attention to the settings. but both were taken within 30 seconds of each other...like i said, quick & dirty comparo... not a scientific undertaking

How to remove PF in LR3? I tried the auto lens profile on my 31mm Ltd but it doesn't do anything (just corrects some distortion and devignettes the sides). I tried playing around with the CA slider but again, no differences in the picture.