Pulau Redang

Status
Not open for further replies.
Redang is a very captivating place & agree we should preserve it for future generations.
Just to share what happened when I was there with some friends in 2002. The water is crystal clear,even just outside the chalets. Fishes will swim right up to the shallow water. Some visitors were fascinated by it & started feeding them with tidbits bought from the shops. Fine......though it isnt very adviseable. Worst,after emptying the contents, they just discarded the plastic wrappers in the prestine water like it is some big garbage bin!! My friends & I have to do "area cleaning" everyday while we were there. We were even "told off" when we advise some visitors not do that.
As we know now, plastic bags take 1000 years to disintegrate & 400 years, if in the sea. By then, some sea creatures would have swallowed the plastic bags,especially The beautiful Sea Turtles, & get choked to a painful death.
My dear friends,please be kind to nature. Be responsible!

Hi Phototalk

Thanks for being so considerate and actually went out of your way to clean up the mess left by those inconsiderate visitors. I wish there are more people like you! :thumbsup:

I used to dive and know how vulnerable some sea creatures are to our actions so really appreciate you gesture.

FM

The corals in perhentian and redang are still not too bad compared to many other places. I guess since it is not so easy to get there, the corals and fish survive better. Even just walking out to knee deep water I could see very nice banner and trigger fishes scrapping food off the coral. Still ervybody needs to do their part and keep the waters and beach clean !

IMG_4306.jpg

beauuutifuuul place!! ya pics made it beautifuler!!!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

i need another holiday again...i love the sea...

Yup if only we could be like the children here enjoying the blue waters

IMG_4011.jpg

I fell in love with the place by jst looking at your beautiful photos. Do let me know the contacts to book the hotel and directipons to get there!

Hi Phototalk

Thanks for being so considerate and actually went out of your way to clean up the mess left by those inconsiderate visitors. I wish there are more people like you! :thumbsup:

I used to dive and know how vulnerable some sea creatures are to our actions so really appreciate you gesture.

FM

FM,

I believe you would have done the same. Cheers!

Phototalk

Hi all!

Really sorry for late reply. Am in Sweden now (stockholm) for work, and just manage to find some net access.

Thanks for all your comments!

I stayed at Berjaya beach resort.

A good website for Redang is

http://www.redang.org/
Lots of info!

WOW... that's manificent. Never been there too. Can PM me the price and the hotel u stay etc...
Think my next trip can consider there.
By the way, did u use any polariser to achieve that sky colour?
I quite curious as I lost touch with photography already.
Trying to pick back this hobby.
Thx!!

Sorry for late reply, just came back overseas.

Yes polariser was used for sky colour.

Yes, Redang is a very beautiful place - water is clear as anything, still can remember my trip in Apr there while on cruise.

Did ya take any sunsets/sunrises there? Beautiful, I tell you! =)

Unfortunately, the sunrise is blocked by the hill. But at other beaches it fine I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.