Protective filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dailo

Jan 1, 2010
Hi, I just bought a Sigma 150mm lens which is petty ex and I wonder if it is advisible to buy a transparent filter to protect the front of the lens from being scratched. If so, any advice what type of filter is good (eg UV filter or whatever).

TIA

If it's a concern, then yes, put a clear protective filter in front. Not necessarily UV, but a clear filter will do.

What you pay is what you get; you won't wanna put a $10 filter in front of a thousand dollar lens but neither would you wanna put a hundred dollar filter in front of kit lens (there's nothing wrong with the latter though, if you wanna splurge on filters instead of better lenses).

I think it is a marco lens LOL. I am a supporter of placing filter on every lens. First there is no different between UV and NC filter for digital so get the cheapest which is usually the NC. For brand HOYA will do the job unless you want to go for B+W.

Welcome to CS :) Most photographers do that & some don't. But its good to protect it. Up to you ;)

Hi, I just bought a Sigma 150mm lens which is petty ex and I wonder if it is advisible to buy a transparent filter to protect the front of the lens from being scratched. If so, any advice what type of filter is good (eg UV filter or whatever).

TIA

if you want................

your choice!!!!!!!!!!!!

hoya brand is minimum i guess, you can spend more.. personally i won't!

Status
Not open for further replies.