Protecting the camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

taekimon

Aug 2, 2005
Hi ppl, I'm gg for an outdoor camp soon and I'm thinking of bringing my camera along but the camp wld involve us doing river crossing. Any advice how I can protect my camera?
Can only think of using ziplock bags ...

put the camera inside one those strong plastic bags and then use those sealing machine to suck out all the air to make it very water prove. double pack it for better insurance.

but the problem is that you can only open it once and then when you want to bring back you will have a problem. maybe bring more ziplock bags. :)

try google waterproof housing using 'c**dom':embrass:
haha

drop by at adventure21 at chinatown pt or campers corner.
look for this product series from sealine. excellent waterproofing.

go over to beach road or anywhere that has decent camping gear and look for those "unbreakable" ziplocs.... its made of some wierd polymer that resists tearing, stretching etc.. looks like the normal ziploc though. i forgot the brand.. used to have a couple of them..

that should be waterproof enough. normal ziplocs are not 100% waterproof..

Uh. Do it the military style :)

All sorts of equipment carried over many kilometres of swampland, swam across many a river. And no equipment write-off due to damage from water.

For travelling - wrap in at least 2 layers of plastic bag, then put inside tupperware.

For taking pic while still wrap in plastic, then try cutting a hole in the plastic bag use a filter to cover the hole (not easy to waterproof the join between the filter and plastic bag).

Check if "underwater camera housing" is available for your specific model.

Use waterproof cameras only.

nothing beats putting it in your dry cab at home. ;)

ok, you might want to try Lowepro dryzone series? they are said to be waterproof. :thumbsup:

Wow!!:bigeyes: But it seems that it is not so transparent, will it affect the picture taken? Maybe have to look for clear type:bsmilie:

Check out the video. They put not one but 2 condoms over the camera and went diving with it. The video taken with the camera looks quite normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.