Pros/Cons of using 3rd party charger?

afiyy

Jul 19, 2010
Hi guys , i misplace my original nikon d5000 charger and I was wondering if theres any pros/cons of using 3rd party charger ?

pro, save money,

con, it may work, or may not, and you might just have to suck thumb if you bought a lemon, beside risking your camera warranty,

please try look out for some basic information yourself, which is available all over the net, if you are totally new to the web, that we can understand, but please don't make it a habit as we can see that clearly from your post history.

of course we do like to help members in need, but we do hope more members can go around helping others after they have learnt from the web, or received help from others.

Might I suggest you go to the local shops and buy one. If it does not work, you have a place to return it.

Provided that the 3rd party charger works correctly there are neither Pros nor Cons.
Try googling with '[name of charger] problems' and you will see whether there are known issues. Issues could arise from the chips that are in the batteries nowadays. Best is to bring your battery along and try if you intend to get it from a local shop.