Proprietary Batteries or AA Batteries?

Cameras that come with their own batt? or Cameras that uses AA Batt?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hexanol

Mar 17, 2005
Which one is better or you prefer : - Cameras that come with the own type of batteries or cameras that uses AA batteries?

:)

why only AA sized battery wor? AAA cannot?
My camera runs on D-sized battery :sweatsm:

If the "own type of batteries" has a significant advantage, e.g. much longer battery life or something, then its worth to have it. If not, the ubiquitous AAs are always the best.

hexanol said:
Which one is better or you prefer : - Cameras that come with the own type of batteries or cameras that uses AA batteries?

:)

Normall AA is Nickel Metal Hydride or Alkaline cell inside, the "own type of battery" is mostly Lithium cell inside. Technically speaking, Lithium is much better than NiMH or Alkaline, can last longer.

after the big hoohah. sorry i am not talking about NKF :sticktong ... sanyo batteries. i have lost faith in AAs. Proprietary Batteries for camera is still the way to go. :thumbsup:

wow.. i would have thought there would be more people who would vote for normal batteries.. how bout in the long run? which one would have longer batt life say after a few years? The cost of changing normal batts would be cheaper wouldn't it?

Normal battery is better as it is lithium and last longer. AA, AAA batteries have the problem of leakage. One of my friend has to throw away his d-cam when that happened to him.

:(

polls are close..

One advantage of using AA is that when you are outing shooting,the battery went flat you could just buy some without loosing any photo opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.