Property Market Crash

We, as SG, is a victim of our own success.

We become so successful, that at the same time, are caught in this cycle of rising prices and materialism.

Blame no one except ourselves

Be proud of yourself for your success and your country for giving you the opportunity.

:)

We, as SG, is a victim of our own success. We become so successful, that at the same time, are caught in this cycle of rising prices and materialism. Blame no one except ourselves

Think again:

Backdrop; Cheap money printed by trillions; low interest rates and strong SGD. where would you park your money (currency)? Stocks are volatile, properties are good bets. Singapore is very much plugged into the global trade and money flows very quickly from everywhere. Even with the degree of control the policy makers put in place, the prices kept inching up. I believe they would have carefully buffered Singaporeans for the huge release of new apartments. Hopefully this will sort out the unrealistic prices.

We become so successful, that at the same time, are caught in this cycle of rising prices and materialism.

Agreed fully.

Don't you think a cup of coffee for $8 is expensive?

Worse than crash ....... dying a slow death .....................

I know a couple both are full time agent and they both own a car. I am now thinking i think i choose a wrong career -_-

Car in sg is waste of money ... Donation to govy coffer only .... Buy camera and lens better

Last edited:
Car in sh is waste on money ... Donation to govy coffer only .... Buy camera and lens better

That's donation to Jepun. So help other governments also don't help our own lah, is it?

Last edited:
That's donation to Jepun. So help other governments also don't help our own lah, is it?

I mean the import taxes govy is charging us. Not even mentioning ERP. Price of car is pretty ridiculous in sg. Which is why buy camera and lens seems a nicer way of spending money haha :)

Must support local products! Buy more HDB uncle Fai? ^_^

Ok I got what you mean ... Buy camera means donation to Japan lol ...
At least there isn't a 200% tax on import

Singapore property market will not crash at all. With all the ABSD, SSD and TDSR cooling measures, it is actually preventing bubble from happening.
Look at all these measures, what do you think they are meant for? Simply imply that those whom with the cash and affordable to buy and own, then buy. Otherwise, do save up a bit more before coming out to shop.
As our property prices have stabilised, a lot of resale by sellers transacted at new low pricing and new condo launch pricing have been selling at the right price point after all the measures. Now, it is more about the buyers affordability.
There's upcoming new launch at Fernvale - High Park Residences, launching in early July 2015 amazing low price starts from $3xxk.... Best time to own 1 private condo when the price is so near to BTO...
Cheers and good luck

Singapore property market will not crash at all. With all the ABSD, SSD and TDSR cooling measures, it is actually preventing bubble from happening.
Look at all these measures, what do you think they are meant for? Simply imply that those whom with the cash and affordable to buy and own, then buy. Otherwise, do save up a bit more before coming out to shop.
As our property prices have stabilised, a lot of resale by sellers transacted at new low pricing and new condo launch pricing have been selling at the right price point after all the measures. Now, it is more about the buyers affordability.
There's upcoming new launch at Fernvale - High Park Residences, launching in early July 2015 amazing low price starts from $3xxk.... Best time to own 1 private condo when the price is so near to BTO...
Cheers and good luck

Selling at new low = selling at right price? Hmmm ... ...

Cheers and good luck

price start from 3xxk, well the smallest unit is also only 388sqft... thats is ~$1000psf cheap meh ??? to me thats is like 20% overprice imo... i got money i put my money elsewhere...

I know a couple both are full time agent and they both own a car. I am now thinking i think i choose a wrong career -_-

I'm a freelance taxi driver and i know personally alot of drivers who are ex property agents..always remember-in order to win,someone has to lose.

I'm a freelance taxi driver and i know personally alot of drivers who are ex property agents..always remember-in order to win,someone has to lose.

It's the pareto theory 80-20 rule.

Only 20% will be successful. 80% is at the bottom of the pit. Same applies to every industry and jobs.

For estate biz, its v clear to rationalise this. There are only limited number of units to be sold and bought in the market. But we have 35000 agents. So how can every agent survive?

Last edited:

Agree... Now my property agent friend went back to normal office works and doing property agent as part time only.

It's the pareto theory 80-20 rule.

Only 20% will be successful. 80% is at the bottom of the pit. Same applies to every industry and jobs.

For estate biz, its v clear to rationalise this. There are only limited number of units to be sold and bought in the market. But we have 35000 agents. So how can every agent survive?

It is outdated, middle class disappearing, now it is 90/10 rule and fast becoming 95/5 and 99/1%.

Before you decide who to blame, ask yourself this:

Who is the biggest landlord in the whole of Singapore? Then ask ask any Tom, Dick or Harry what is the real cause for our rising prices and cost of living...... I think we already know the answer/s. :)