projector

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeanie

May 19, 2005
i'm looking for a good projector to project my images onto a big screen.
screen size i'm looking at is approx 2.5meters by 2.5 or 3meters tall.

1)anyone knows what brand is good?and also, these projectors, can they watch tv with it?

2)are there any that i can connect a dvd player to it to project the pics instead of connecting my laptop to it?

3)let me know what kind of price i'm looking at (including the screen), with installation.;)
TIA

Why do you want to project the image this way? Are you doing it for presentation? The resulting image on the screen will not be that good. Personally, photographs are still best viewed and appreciated via prints.

projected images are normally slightly washed out and will not do your images justice
get a big TV instead

oic.so i have to fully closed all my windows and darken out the room for best viewing?

i thinking of projector because it's big.(the image)
TV screen a little small imo.

oic.so i have to fully closed all my windows and darken out the room for best viewing?

i thinking of projector because it's big.(the image)
TV screen a little small imo.
play back in cinema...

screen is big and dark enough with Dolby digital sound effects...
+ lots of ppl can see and collect entrance fee. :sweat:

LCD/ Plasma screens are hitting 100"
should be quite big

100" is 100 inchers?

u really think i print $ is it?:bsmilie:

i have a 42 inch pioneer in my room.not big enough.would really love to have a projector and screen to view my images, but if images will be washed out, then i will dump the idea.

play back in cinema...

LOL:bsmilie:

But Honestly, she very rich leh. Big Car, Big Cam, Big Lens. What else next?

play back in cinema...

i aint no yamashita or spielberg lah.cinema?xiao!
unless i like MJ, got my own wonderland.:bsmilie:

OOT!:angry:

Angry for what. Isn't it true? But anyway, forget abt projectors. They will not do justice to any photos. Lousy photos yes lah cause can blame the projector mah

btw ort,

if i burn pics into cd and play on plasma, will the resolution be good enough to play without 'pixelation'?:dunno:

will it display the colors correctly?
havent really tried it.

btw ort,

if i buy pics into cd and play on plasma, will the resolution be good enough to play without 'pixelation'?:dunno:

havent really tried it.

actually the screen has less resolution than the images and computer monitors
so don't need to worry about pixelation

btw ort,

if i buy pics into cd and play on plasma, will the resolution be good enough to play without 'pixelation'?:dunno:

havent really tried it.
colour will be off... how much??? depending on screens...(can't control, unless you request manufacturer to built according to your specs.

pixelation shouldn't be a problem unless you give those resolution like 320x240.

i'm looking for a good projector to project my images onto a big screen.
screen size i'm looking at is approx 2.5meters by 2.5 or 3meters tall.

1)anyone knows what brand is good?and also, these projectors, can they watch tv with it?

2)are there any that i can connect a dvd player to it to project the pics instead of connecting my laptop to it?

3)let me know what kind of price i'm looking at (including the screen), with installation.;)
TIA

A good decent video projector + screen + cables will cost you around $5k or more (depending on the quality that you are looking at). Forget about using those business projectors. They are for PowerPoint presentation. The colors are really bad. I'm using a 92" screen with a Panasonic AE700 video projector. PM me if you need more details.

A good decent video projector + screen + cables will cost you around $5k or more (depending on the quality that you are looking at). Forget about using those business projectors. They are for PowerPoint presentation. The colors are really bad. I'm using a 92" screen with a Panasonic AE700 video projector. PM me if you need more details.

you got pm.:)

http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php

local HT forum... a lot of good info about projector.

since your budget so powderful, you should get the full 1080P projector like the sony ruby or something like that. Get a big stewart screen and some form of calibration to get the correct colors. I using a cheapo spyder pro to calibrate my projector. Ok lah, not too bad the colors.

One thing about projectors is they they DEPRECIATE like crazy. Speakers/ amplifiers/ screens are all good "investments" but projectors are :nono:

But for image viewing, I think the dell 30" LCD is a better buy or even one of those pro LCD displays. If you want big, just seat closer lah..... it is the resolution that counts.

Still I would recommend you to get a projector for Movie watching purposes. I still feel that they are much better than Plasma/LCDs.

100" is 100 inchers?

u really think i print $ is it?:bsmilie:

i have a 42 inch pioneer in my room.not big enough.would really love to have a projector and screen to view my images, but if images will be washed out, then i will dump the idea.

the image on the projector is not washed out if you have light control. I have a 42" plasma in my room and a projector in the living room. The image from the projector is better by far. With good light control, the image from a good projector is really quite stunning.

Status
Not open for further replies.