Program to resize/rotate pictures while retaining EXIF info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielG

May 10, 2002
austvilleinsg.com
Hi, Is there any programs that allow you to resize / rotate pictures taken with DC while retaining the EXIF information and does not degrades the picture quality?

:eek:

Originally posted by DanielG
Hi, Is there any programs that allow you to resize / rotate pictures taken with DC while retaining the EXIF information and does not degrades the picture quality?

:eek:

Breezebrowser, even though this is for Canon digicams, it can still perform lossless jpeg rotation.

The latest version of the freeware IrfanView (3.70) allows lossless rotation of individual pictures (retains exif also, and can even maintain original pic's date).

http://www.irfanview.com/

hope this is also what you're looknig for?

I'm currently using a Fuji software package which was given to me by the person who runs the E-PIC shop in Adelphi. Its actually an image viewer which i was told - comes with all fuji Digicam. It is able to crop, rotate and do basic adjustments while retaining the EXIF.

It is a CD-ROM. Check the shop out and if you still have any problem getting it... .......I may be able to lend you to install since i myself got it for FREE.

till then...

regards,
me

;)

Originally posted by Que Lynn
The latest version of the freeware IrfanView (3.70) allows lossless rotation of individual pictures (retains exif also, and can even maintain original pic's date).

http://www.irfanview.com/

hope this is also what you're looknig for?

been a irfanview user since the old gif days...anyway, my original filesize is about 500k, after rotating, it become 200k, a check at the exif file shows no diff except for the filesize, does this mean lossless?? but a check at the resolution does show that the rotating image is of lower resolution...

how to rotate and save without loss? save at 100% ? but doing this will explode the filesize to 1mb....

help help!!

Originally posted by ekardo

been a irfanview user since the old gif days...anyway, my original filesize is about 500k, after rotating, it become 200k, a check at the exif file shows no diff except for the filesize, does this mean lossless?? but a check at the resolution does show that the rotating image is of lower resolution...

how to rotate and save without loss? save at 100% ? but doing this will explode the filesize to 1mb....

help help!!

GIF days??? gif is still being used... u probably mean those days when people didn't know how to use JPEG for photos...

There are 2 methods of rotation... lossy & lossless. In Infranview, you have to choose the option "JPEG LOSSLESS Rotation" to make sure you don't lose quality. You may need a download a plug-in for that.

If the file size changes after rotation, it's lossy... even if the file size is increased... it does not mean it's higher quality.

Originally posted by willyfoo

GIF days??? gif is still being used... u probably mean those days when people didn't know how to use JPEG for photos...

There are 2 methods of rotation... lossy & lossless. In Infranview, you have to choose the option "JPEG LOSSLESS Rotation" to make sure you don't lose quality. You may need a download a plug-in for that.

If the file size changes after rotation, it's lossy... even if the file size is increased... it does not mean it's higher quality.

thanks !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.