Problem with amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenglw86

Dec 27, 2006
hi, does anybody here shop from amazon.com? i tried buying some equipment from the online shop a couple of days ago and they said they couldn't ship to Singapore due to certain restrictions. has anyone else come across such problems? or is it because i input the address wrongly?

I think it's their policies not to ship certain items out of USA. Why not try to use Vpost USA ?
I bought my LowePro Camera Strap with Amazon thru Vpost.

hi, does anybody here shop from amazon.com? i tried buying some equipment from the online shop a couple of days ago and they said they couldn't ship to Singapore due to certain restrictions. has anyone else come across such problems? or is it because i input the address wrongly?

erh...cannot be leh...

i work in the music industry...things we posted there will shipped worldwide.

UNLESS that certain seller states "ship to US" only. Then, they dun accept your order lor. if this is the case, try other seller at the same category. It's the seller's chosen territory, not Amazon Policy..:)

Hope this helps..

amazon does not recognise singapore credit cards because of a history of fraud. if u look at their marketplace shipping rates...scroll down, singapore is not listed as a recognised country

Amazon does recognise Singapore credit cards and it does send items to Singapore. However, when you shop with Amazon, for certain items, you are also shopping at other "stores" - it will say for example "sold and shipped by Company X". Company X may have a policy of not shipping outside the US or certain items outside of the US. You will usually see it in the item description - it will have "this item is not available to be shipped outside the US" or something like that. Just use vPost in that case.

ok, what are the goods that you are trying to buy ?

I've bought lots of books, no problems accepting Singapore credit cards or shipping to Singapore.

I haven't bought DVDs, but my friends have. The only issue they've faced is that the customs intercept the shipment - at random. They check and then release the items for delivery.

Amazon does recognise singapore credit cards. I've bought things from there..

Amazon has a policy not to ship most electronics/appliances internationally, as well as some other items.. so the best way is to use vpost, or go to another store... their policy has been in place for a long time.. so it can't be helped..

I've bought dunno how many DVDs from amazon and have never had trouble with customs. But then again they are music video/concert DVDs which i heard are exempt from censorship or something?

ooh, forgot that manufacturer's shipping policy applies as well. thanks so much for all the advice! i'm getting the HueyPro, manufactured by Pantone. it's for lcd screen calibration. can't find it anywhere in Singapore

Status
Not open for further replies.