Problem transferring photos over network

Status
Not open for further replies.

reno77

Jan 30, 2002
Bedok Reservoir
www.ramaraj.com
I've posted this on HWZ, thought I'd post it here.

I've been trying to transfer pictures from 1 pc in my school to the other but i keep having problems. In each photo folder only about 1/2 the pictures get transferred, the rest I get a "Cannot copy <filename>: Access denied error.

I have set the sharing permission on the folders to everyone full control.
The pictures that cannot be copied over also cannot be viewed from the other pc.

The photos were taken on a Canon G5 and transferred to the hard disk using Canon Zoombrowser. Does it somehow corrupt some info when transferring the pics ? Viewing the shared folder on the PC I want to copy to, the field for Date picture taken and photo size is blank for the pictures that cannot be copied.

Here's a screenshot from the PC I'm trying to transfer the pics to. The photos in blue are the ones that cannot be transferred. Strange that on the PC the pics reside on, the Date picture taken and Picture Size field can be seen for all the pics.

prob.jpg

wireless network or wired?
network implementation?

Try zipping all of them up and just copy over the archive? :dunno: :think:

reno77 said:
The pictures that cannot be copied over also cannot be viewed from the other pc.

Did u try viewing e originals (those dat can't b trasferred) on e host PC again?

If they can't b viewed then they r corrupted.

If can, try transferring one at a time.

My humble 2 cents... ;)

Packet loss / faulty network card might be the problem also.

If the ZIP archive gets corrupted halfway through then it is seriously a network problem (switch or the NIC itself)

reno77 said:
Wired network. Both PC are connected to the same 8 port switch.
try switching to another port or another cable?

Status
Not open for further replies.