Problem on Mathematics - continued

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chill guys... :sweat:

So you show us a harmonic graph to explain your case.:thumbsup:
You say the distance will become too small for you to plot as time tends towards infinity.
Will you trancate the harmonic at certain point in time? or you recon the bee will continue bouncing even when the distance between the two cars is smaller than the size of the bee?
:bigeyes:

did you see my earlier solution?

you can easily, easily answer how long the bee will fly for, the point in time when the bee will get crushed. but to measure the number of times that the bee , should it exist given the above conditions initially given in the question, that is impossible, you will reach an infinite series.

EVEN, given the size of the bee, the distance between the two cars, when minutely small, the bee is still going to bounce so much that it will be uncountable.

maybe a wikipedia article on summation of gp to infinity is needed.

here, read this

well i find it very worrying when people tend to obsess too much about me.

other than personal problems, your last few posts are generally flamebaiting ones, addressed indirectly to me, but made vaguely.

Aiyoyo, Why you so sentitive and self-centred one.
I also scare scare...:D

did you see my earlier solution?

you can easily, easily answer how long the bee will fly for, the point in time when the bee will get crushed. but to measure the number of times that the bee , should it exist given the above conditions initially given in the question, that is impossible, you will reach an infinite series.

So you know how long the bee will fly for and the bee will be crushed eventually.
And you presented a harmoinc series. Can the fly time be used to trancate the harmonic at the nth cycle?

And do you agree this is a converging series?:think:

So you know how long the bee will fly for and the bee will be crushed eventually.
And you presented a harmoinc series. Can the fly time be used to trancate the harmonic at the nth cycle?

And do you agree this is a converging series?:think:

unfortunately no. you just know it will happen, but to count the number of times the fly flies between both cars, is impossible to calculate.

you try and use brute force calculations lor, let us know when the fly has flied the hundredth time.. i got to 10, then realised it was silly. :bsmilie:

Ah I see, so basically you're using Achilles as a negative example - got what you were trying to tell me now ;)

Hi vince123123, wht I am trying to say is that most likely we've attempted the questions wrongly like how Achiles attempted to solve his prob.. Becoz my ans follows a geometric series like how his did and is an infinite series.

I apologize for wasting ur time attempting my little homwoek :embrass:

Hahaha, yup so indeed. I'm amazed myself at what "open minded" means to some people :)

Hi Vince:

There will be a few open minded people who will tell you if you have one leg on ice and the other leg in fire, the average feeling you experience will be nice.
Like wise, if you replace the bee with the opened minded person, he can run infintely between the two cars and will never get crushed.

:D

Btw, I can tell you that the total time spent by the bee flying from Car 1 to Car 2 = 0.0375 hour. :) The formula is 3t/4 where t is the time of collision.

Status
Not open for further replies.