problem of 6500fd w/ rechargeable batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

pangfat

Aug 14, 2007
bought this cam with a GP power pack (4 batteries and 1 charger) last week. I used battery discharge function of 6500 on these 4 batteries then fully charged them (LED on charger turn green). but when I put them into the cam, it was told low power and cam forced to power off...

did anyone know abt this? what could be the problem? thanks.....

bought this cam with a GP power pack (4 batteries and 1 charger) last week. I used battery discharge function of 6500 on these 4 batteries then fully charged them (LED on charger turn green). but when I put them into the cam, it was told low power and cam forced to power off...

If the camera is functioning well with normal AA batteries, logically then it has to be a problem with either the rechargeable batteries or the charger and the only way to find out is another set of rechargeable batteries or charger.

How long did you charge your batteries?

I use Sanyo & TORIYAMA rechargebles, no issues.

If the camera is functioning well with normal AA batteries, logically then it has to be a problem with either the rechargeable batteries or the charger and the only way to find out is another set of rechargeable batteries or charger.

How long did you charge your batteries?

thanks for the reply

the camera works fine with the normal AA batteries. I oso think it's the problem of my rechargeable batteries. tmr will go to Alan Photo to test them.

they were charged for abt 20 hrs, the led turn green so I thought they were fully charged.

is this adon lens worth buying for this camera or not guys ?

http://www.digitalcamerawarehouse.com.au/prod3877.htm

Suits Fuji S6500fd, S9500 and S9600

Lens focal length: Approx. 8.0 x (Equivalent to 22.44mm on a Wide Angle)

You can get the original Fuji version from Fujifilm SG costs $177.45 at 5% GST
New pricing i dun have.

I'm using Powerex on this cam, can shoot quite a lot before go flat. :thumbsup:

How many shots are you guys getting from your recheargeable batteries?

I'm getting only 200-250 shots within 3 hours of shooting during event using Uniross 2500mAH. Seems to be well below the expected 400 shots stated in the manual. I didn't use flash and I review the pictures using the viewfinder instead of the LCD monitor and so I expect 300-400 shots.

I'm not sure if it's the batteries or the charger because I'm using an old Ni-MH charger which I think are for charging lower capacity rechargeable batteries.

Dunno about how many shots achieveable as I leavee the batteries and they lsat for one month in the cam. I carry the cam with me wherever I go but only take out when I see something interesting. So it is left "unused" for a month.

Thanks.

I think the problem probably lies with my old Ni-MH battery charger.

I bought my TORIYAMA 2600 during the Bkk Motor Show'07, was on offer can't remember price. You can get them from Carrefour of any electronic store in Bkk. They seem just a good as my Sanyo 2500 if not better.

Dunno if you all noticed, but Challenger is selling a brand called "Daiyo" and they are 2700 MHas. 2xAA Selling for
$19.90 but members get it at $9.90

4xAAs plus Charger is about $49.90 or thereabouts.

i guess it depends on how long you leave it on, and if you're using continuous auto focus, or if u set your lcd fps to 60fps.

it all matters but technically 2700mAh have larger capacities then 2500mAh.

for me i use eneloops. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.