PRO PLAN DOG SHOW, 13 July 2003

• Thread starter Pet Photographer
  • Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can i enquire since this is an open to the public event, why do we need to register with the Pet Photographer?? Is it registration for the chance to get really close-ups with the cuties?? =)
I be going for the event (I missed the Bishan one last week so sad... ), will there be any CSpers meetups during the event, especially for the newbies??
GO!!GO!! GO!!!:gbounce: :gbounce: :gbounce:

Hi Damien,

You need not register with me. I am not the organiser of this event but the Singapore Kennel Club is. In most instances you would not be able to get close to the dogs in the show ring, only their official photographer is allowed. ;(

We will just be there for the fun of shooting. There will be clubsnappers there, just look out for the hunks with their babies (heavy duty cameras dude) ;)

Originally posted by Damien
Can i enquire since this is an open to the public event, why do we need to register with the Pet Photographer?? Is it registration for the chance to get really close-ups with the cuties?? =)
I be going for the event (I missed the Bishan one last week so sad... ), will there be any CSpers meetups during the event, especially for the newbies??
GO!!GO!! GO!!!:gbounce: :gbounce: :gbounce:

Program of the day other than the beauty contest.

FANCY DRESS COMPETITION
- Dress up your dog

BEGGIN’ STRIPS’ FOR A TRICK
- Show us what your dog can do with Beggin’ Strips’ as a treat) – maximum 2 minutes

DOGGIE RACE (Which dog runs the fastest to its owner)

Originally posted by Pet Photographer
There will be clubsnappers there, just look out for the hunks with their babies (heavy duty cameras dude) ;)

and then there are some with 'babies' that are too heavy to be considered 'babies'...

Ya rite Mun Fai,

So far the hunk I saw was Willy Foo during Dec 2002 champion ship show.

But do bear in mind, the organisers aren't too friendly to photographers. ;( as they are worried our speedlights will blind their contestants causing them to lose :eek:

Originally posted by munfai
and then there are some with 'babies' that are too heavy to be considered 'babies'...

But do bear in mind, the organisers aren't too friendly to photographers. ;( as they are worried our speedlights will blind their contestants causing them to lose :eek:

that is understandable.

how many of us before entering the world of photography liked having that darned strobe go off in our faces?

personally i wouldn't go around with the flash attached to the camera. it's a turn off the moment the organisers/owners see it. i'd first explain that the flash won't blind the dogs (and them) and make sure that they are comfortable with it b4 using a flash. it's slower work this way, but at least u don't get turned away as much. another alternative is to use a wireless flash controller, and have the flash ready in ur pocket.

hello, hope you guys don't mind me joining the gang at the dogshow. i am new and feel very conscious about walking around with a camera. just one problem, i won't be able to make it until after lunch, so am wondering if anybody will still be there in the afternoon.

RSVP LIST:
1) Amos Wong aka furdography studio
2) Caleb Cheong aka agape01
3) Ron Lee aka SniperD?
4) Omar Pineda aka marx
5) larry loh aka Larry

6) sgt. Pepper
7) Xin
8) swift-monkey
9) BATO - "Tentative... depends on my schedule"
10) joanne

RSVP LIST:
3) Ron Lee aka SniperD?
4) Omar Pineda aka marx
5) larry loh aka Larry

6) sgt. Pepper
7) Xin
8) swift-monkey
10) joanne
11)Thomaschan

Dun mind i go with g3+a small 380ex?

or is that flash too big? i got a bounce card so it dun shine into the dogs eyes direcrly...

Think the place should be brightly lit.... dun think flash is really necessary..... Somemore will give the dogs alot of stress....

U can use a tripod too to compensate....

Originally posted by xin
U can use a tripod too to compensate....

dogs are not statues leh... they move, move and move.

if cannot/don't want to use flash, use higher film speed

sorry me quite new to film photography..
Is it true that i have to use filters like 80A or 80B to compensate the whitebalance when i use daylight-balanced films for indoors shoot like in the expo?? The photos I took at airport turn out to be very orangy, I believe there must be something done before I ruined another roll.=)
Sigh...:dunno: (why cant they be WB setting as in digital photography, haha..)
Any comments, anyone??

The event is free for all to attend. There won't be any special treatment given to us by the organisers ie allowing us into the show ring.

:what: Do keep a look out on the floor in case of booby traps left behind by irresponsible dog owners ;p

See you all this Sunday.

RSVP LIST:
3) Ron Lee aka SniperD?
4) Omar Pineda aka marx
5) larry loh aka Larry

6) sgt. Pepper
7) Xin
8) swift-monkey
10) joanne
11)Thomaschan

what time will u guys be there?

Jean,

Will be there after lunch.

Originally posted by Jean
what time will u guys be there?

:(

will have to give this one a miss... going back to my hometown

Jean,

Will be there after lunch.

After lunch is a good time....

Might be playing Mahjong on sat night... Also, depend on what time my gf wakes up.... :D

Guess it's time to bring out those high speed films now...... :D

See you guys there.......

cool...and i was worried that i might not have company in the afternoon. will be coming after lunch...is there a meeting point?

Status
Not open for further replies.