Pro = high end equipt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh.. to add my comment..

I have seen n met people carrying expensive equipments (i.e: 1Ds mk2, D2x, 20D, etc) but they do not use tripod for taking sunset.. I bet they have very strong muscular hands :p

In the photographic world, there are the following people:
1. Critizing other people photos but they are not able to produce a good n decent ones...
2. Carrying hi end equipments but only using "P"
3. Teaching others about photography but does not have a good photo at all..
or
4. a humble man, but very experience n knowledgeable...

;)

sugi said:
they do not use tripod for taking sunset.. I bet they have very strong muscular hands :p

2. Carrying hi end equipments but only using "P"

maybe they like to use high ISO? ;p

P mode is Professional mode mah :bsmilie:

J/K

Well, good read for a sleepless night.
Anyway, the only people I regard as PROFESSIONALS are people who make a living out of their craft. I don't understand when people try to associate profession with gear. Its like calling the bloke with a ferrari a professional driver. No man. That bloke is king. The uncle driving the taxi is the pro.

FiveIronFrenzy said:
Well, good read for a sleepless night.
Anyway, the only people I regard as PROFESSIONALS are people who make a living out of their craft. I don't understand when people try to associate profession with gear. Its like calling the bloke with a ferrari a professional driver. No man. That bloke is king. The uncle driving the taxi is the pro.

Wow you ppl actually revived this thread, lol :bsmilie:
But anyway, the "expensive equipment = pro" mentality is only in Singapore.

markccm said:
maybe they like to use high ISO? ;p

P mode is Professional mode mah :bsmilie:

J/K

of course lah... ISO = image stabiliser ON! :bsmilie:

good analogy there fiveiron.

michhy said:
Wow you ppl actually revived this thread, lol :bsmilie:
But anyway, the "expensive equipment = pro" mentality is only in Singapore.

Not true!

Go an read forums elsewhere.

You will find that people are remarkably similar everywhere!

Haha. Anyway, after I read the part aout the SPH guy, I can't help but wonder why some have to be like that. I've shot for a few events where the press was involved and so far, I've only encountered one bloke who was totally rude.

Anyway, stress again. Not the equipment that makes a person a pro. I've got a friend who takes fantastic pictures for publications and he's not using any fancy lenses... ;)

Oh, and if I get into any of your ways at an event, ask nicely and I'll move. Be rude and I can't guarantee what I'll do... Haha :bsmilie:

i think its the same every where, its the mentality of holding something better than others makes 1 feel a class higher and hence cocky.

eg uni better than dip better than o level ,
young is better than old
new is better than old

i also kena once, this photographer told me : " I am the couple's official photograher , so dun block my view at all times " in a harsh tone with searing looks that suggest that i am trying to take away his job. but all this while i tool photos that is at no way blocking him ley.

i think a real pro,
is one always learning from all source n willing to accept others.

but then i guess its just a wishful thots of mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.