Printing

siahweiian

Nov 26, 2009
Punggol
Hi,

I need help to clear mine problem.
How to do croping in photoshop so as my photo can be printed in those photo printing shop or machine.
My encounter is the photo will end up not complete,parts of the photo are being cut off. But those uncrop photo are ok.
Maybe is i like to learn how to create a print ready photo? cos somethime you take a photo with lot of info then you plan to do cropping later.

I try to google around and does not file a complete step.

each type of photographic paper have different aspect ratio, eg, 4R is 2:3, 5R is 5:7, and 8R is 4:5

and the images from your camera are in 2:3 aspect ratio, when printing with paper size have same aspect ratio as your camera, no part of the images will be crop off.

so you need to know crop your images to the same aspect ratio as the paper size if it is not 2:3

[video=youtube;vMIRRdzoCNQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMIRRdzoCNQ&feature=related[/video]

hi, i too having the same prob as ts.. just to seek clarification..if im using lightroom3, after editing i should export the file to the size of 4X6 inch in order not to have problem when printing?

Thanks

Wa... Good question too. Seem like there are good of ppl same like me.
I give it a try.

when you want print a 4R print, make sure the image is in 2:3 aspect ratio, and export image sizing in 4R, or else you will have either unwanted white borders on both sides or part of image being crop off when printing.