Printing panoramic photos on Epson printers

Status
Not open for further replies.

AYC Nee

Sep 26, 2006
Jurong
I have an Epson 1390 printer and I wish to print panoramic photos. How do I set the paper size to "custom"? There does not appear to have such an option but I have heard that it can be done. Any help much appreciated.

go to your print settings, there is a tab for custom paper size.

Many thanks for your kind reply... but where to locate this function? I went into File, and pick Manual Print, then under Show Setting, Advanced, under the paper size, there isn't an item called "User Defined", maybe this feature is not available in 1390?

Last edited:
Largest supported media size is listed as: 13 x 44-inches

The setting should be there, up to you to find it.

Many thanks for the kind response. I really have had difficulty :sweat: in locating the function. I would deeply appreciate if you could point to me under which menu and sub-menu, etc to reach the function that a user can set the paper size to be 13 x 44 inches. Many thanks! :embrass:

this function is not available on the 1390 the identical model in the US 1400 is able to long print with roll media

Hope this helps:

user_defined-1.JPG

user_defined-2.JPG

Cheers

Yes, 44 in is the max length and roll option not supoorted

@AYC Nee: I have replied your PM.

As I thought this maybe beneficial to other user too therefore I'll post here too.

I think you are on the basic users' interface that you said different from my previous
posted screen capture.

Here is the basic interface, no different to the 'Advanced' tag, as you still need to select
'User Defined' from the paper size scroll down windows :

user_defined-3.JPG

Then at the 'User Defined' interfaceas shown in previous post, custom resizing to your
preference BUT you are still restricted to max. 13 X 44 inches and min. 3.5 X 3.5 inches,
this size restriction is due to 1390's native driver. Other models are varies.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
I am most grateful to your help. I managed to locate the Advanced Menu as well. Strangely, there is no :USER DEFINED function in both the Basic Menu as well as the Advanced Menu as what you have illustrated. The range of paper sizes available is also a much shorter list than the one you indicated in the Basic Menu. Unless the driver I am using is an older version. You think I should try to download a later version and reinstalled? On my installation disc, it says Vol.2.0E....

Hi Tim

I have downloaded from the Epson Singapore website the version 61aE, after installation, it is still the same short menu for the paper sizes without the field "User Defined". I have also deleted the driver and reinstalled from my CD (Vol.2.0E), it also shows the same short menu without "User Defined". This is really very strange. Is there some other settings which I would need to set? On the printer itself?

Many many thanks again.

AYC Nee

Hi Tim

My paper size menu has only 10 choices, the last one being 16:9 wide size. In your sample above, you have shown that it contains many more paper choices. Very strange indeed.

AYC Nee

As my computer is setup with more than one printer, I use my wife's PC (which is not install
with any printer) as a testbed. The 1390 installed easily and there is the 'User Defined' at the
paper size selection tag. In fact all other models should also have that selection too as
mentioned by other CSers.

I think maybe you should get someone knowledgeable (Epson Techie?) have a look physically
and help you. As the driver installation is pretty simple to setup but there might be something
else with your computer not 'talking' properly with your 1390.

Cheers

Hi Tim

Many thanks for the reply and the "extra mile" to install the driver on your wife's computer to verify this. Your great help is much appreciated.

I also installed the driver on another laptop, but the same happens. There is no "User Defined" button. In this case, it probably cannot be due to the setting on my present laptop.

Maybe I did not search the menu correctly. This is how I locate the menu, please let me know if this is wrong.

(1) Under File, there is a button Manual Print, but this cannot be activated until a photo and been selected, and Layout & Print has been activated.

(2) I then pick Manual Print and the first basic menu appears. Then I pick Size, and the paper sizes are displayed. There is no User Defined button. There are a total of 10 paper sizes.

(3) Next I pick Advanced, again I select paper size, the same number of different paper sizes appear, also with the User Defined button.

Many thanks again in advance.

AYC Nee

Hi AYC Nee,
Normally User Defined size is listed in paper size drop down list. For your case, can you share what application you are using to print? What is your OS version?

AYC Nee, now I know as why you don't have the 'User Defined' selection.

As I always assumed most photographers who print their own photos will use Photoshop
or other ICC aware color-managed software to print, as they're most likely be using it to
edit or retouch their images too. Therefore I did not ask you what s/w you use however
from your last post, the way you described your workflow, I know what's wrong.

You are using the Epson bundled S/W, Epson Easy Photo Print in the Creativity Suite:

user_defined-4.JPG

Everything is 'Fixed' in Epson software, there are no user define, to override any setting.
If you want to regain that control, you have no choice but to use Photoshop, Lightroom or
other ICC color managed software.

Hope this helps.

Tim

Yes Tim is right. You cannot ust Epson easy photo print. You have to use other graphic software to define custom paper size.
:cool:

Hi Tim

You are absolutely right. I have now found the command. I kept thinking that it is from the driver itself and did not realize that it should be accessed from the location you mentioned.

Many thanks for staying with me all this while and I am most grateful to your kind effort in guiding me through.

Next thing now is to hunt for a roll of Epson paper and cut it to size!

:angel:

AYC Nee

Supercool: many thanks also :cool:

@AYC Nee: Great, I guess you have read your PM, found the source and solved your problem.

At least I help you to increase your low post count a bit too :)

Tim

P.S. if you are using roll paper, don't ever press the 'feed paper' button at the top of the 3
(feel paper, clean head and power on/off) button panel. The whole roll of paper will feed right
thru' till the end and eject out!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.