Print size A1

Status
Not open for further replies.

YEOWMING

Jul 28, 2004
www.blessed-i.com
On the current DSLR model with 10Mb resolution, are we able to print beyond A2 size? How to do so if I want to print say, A1?

Please advise on settings needed to take. Eg, shoot in RAW and save as tiff, resize to 300dpi and change image size?

On the current DSLR model with 10Mb resolution, are we able to print beyond A2 size? How to do so if I want to print say, A1?

Please advise on settings needed to take. Eg, shoot in RAW and save as tiff, resize to 300dpi and change image size?

Even JPEG Fine is ok. Just upsample the image and perform some unsharp mask. You're not going to look at an A1 poster 40cm away, so you won't be able to see the details. Even printing at 150-200dpi is acceptable for that size.

actually hor, just do it to the highest res you can,
try not to do the text and other design elements in Photoshop (resolution dependent)
use illustrator or indesign (any other vector based software also can)

then let the supplier up-sample for you.

i have printed A1 size before, with a 8mpx camera.

i used the kit lens, with some flash and set to f/8.

the details come up pretty clear.

Thinking of which, I have printed posters 1m by 1.5m before with a 8 megapixel camera too -- it's just a 30D, but well the picture's alright especially if you view from a distance... The details are there and of a somewhat acceptable quality, but don't expect the micro-details to be there.. like your skin texture and all.. afterall you are upsizing it a lot..

I printed an A0 poster from a 6mp image (D40). When I brought it to the printer, he downsampled it to 150dpi!

I printed an A0 poster from a 6mp image (D40). When I brought it to the printer, he downsampled it to 150dpi!

It's still an upsample. 3000x2000 at 150dpi is only 20" x 13.3". A0 is about 47" x 33" so at 150dpi the dimension needs to be 7016 x 4961.

Hi
i am able to print AO to A2 sizes on quality photo paper at low prices
pls call me if uo need help
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.