print on ilford paper fade resistant

Status
Not open for further replies.

zekai

May 10, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
I use to use a HP photosmart 8950 on both HP paper and Ilford paper.
Do noice that the Ilford print faded a lot faster than the HP.

I recently just bought a canon pixma pro9500.
Due to limited availability of a3 paper from retail store.
I wonder if any of you here use Ilford with our canon printer and how lasting is it?

Thanks.

may i know which illford paper do you use?

Do noice that the Ilford print faded a lot faster than the HP
You expose your photos under sunlight or....?

smooth glossy and smooth pearl
The cheaper smooth glossy and smooth pearl version are not the ilford archival grade series. The more expensive one from ilford are the one that had better fade resistence. Even then so, I had not experience fast fading for the cheaper smooth glossy version when I placed them in album and away from sunlight.

Many years ago, I tried using the Ilford pearl finish paper on a Canon inkjet. The results were good, but after a few months there were massive bleeding and the entire print looks out-of-focus. The Canon PIXMA Pro 9500 is using pigment ink, so not sure whether the same issue will occur.

P.S: The PIXMA Pro 9500 is slower compared to the other PIXMA printers I owned, but the quality of the prints is really nice and archival. Good buy!

Many years ago, I tried using the Ilford pearl finish paper on a Canon inkjet. The results were good, but after a few months there were massive bleeding and the entire print looks out-of-focus. The Canon PIXMA Pro 9500 is using pigment ink, so not sure whether the same issue will occur.
I concur!!

Chromalife inks + Ilford Paper = NO GO!!

Use only Canon papers for Chromalife inks.

Status
Not open for further replies.