Prime Lenses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Estel. I would love the 1.4, but as a newbie and not too financially endowed, i have since bought the 1.8. i like it better as compared to the kit lense 18-55mm. in short, cheap and good :thumbsup:

Im on the nikon system, the lens on my body most of the time is the 50mm F1.4.
Love the image quality it produces!

Totally agree. I got the D80 with the standard kit lens, but the moment the prime 50mm F1.4 got attached, it never left the body again. Sharpness and the fast lens, not to mention the bokeh it can produce at F1.4, is unbelievable. Note that 50mm is the model lens that all Camera manufacturers try t show case their skills in the glass.

If budget is constraint, get the 50mm F1.8 ...

50mm is good for training a noobie like myself in composition. You can do wonders with it, and 50mm seems to be forgotten by most photographers. Granted, in street photography a 24mm or 28mm would give a better angle, but I believe that with the right composition, you can still get that 'magic' photo. I've seen works by professionals that I had initially thought to be wider lens, but turns out to be a range-finder 50mm product.

If I've got extra money, I would invest in a 50mm F1.0 Leica ... the fastest lens I know off. Allows you to take photos with just 1 lux (1 candle) ....

I have to say that I find the bokeh in the 50mm f/1.8D to be very nice, and not harsh (even with light points in the picture). All in all, for the price, this is a truly remarkable lens.

If I've got extra money, I would invest in a 50mm F1.0 Leica ... the fastest lens I know off. Allows you to take photos with just 1 lux (1 candle) ....

There is the Canon FD 50mm f/0.95 ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.