Prices of 300D

Status
Not open for further replies.

toobi

Sep 16, 2004
hehe.. been eying the 300D for sometime liao, so paiseh start this thread to discuss about the prices.. Many ppl discussing 20D, but for beginner like me with pockets as shallow as the puddle of water on the streets, can only aim for 300D

AP = $1550(Black) free batt from Canon. w/o GST (Last week)
CP = $1899(Black) free batt + Canon printer or CF card (Last Saturday)

Anyone got any price to update?

Looking forward to the expert advice on this forum!

You might want to tell us which canon printer and what type of CF card is CP offering to you so that you can see and calculate if the price of additional ($349) is worth it or not.

Also you might want to go indepth on AP's price as they do import grey sets so you'll need to verify if AP's price is for grey or warrantied sets.

Might be good to check with CP if just the 300D alone is worth how much :), the difference can get you a 420EX external speedlight

toobi said:
hehe.. been eying the 300D for sometime liao, so paiseh start this thread to discuss about the prices.. Many ppl discussing 20D, but for beginner like me with pockets as shallow as the puddle of water on the streets, can only aim for 300D

AP = $1550(Black) free batt from Canon. w/o GST (Last week)
CP = $1899(Black) free batt + Canon printer or CF card (Last Saturday)

Anyone got any price to update?

Looking forward to the expert advice on this forum!

U can ask 4 an e-quote frm MS Color

Is this price with lens kit?

can always think about buying a secondhand one. with the extra savings can go to buying lense or flash or compact flash.

Bought mine from MS Color for $1690 (inclusive GST) with Kit Lens. Can collect from Canon a free battery and a lens book. Haven't collected yet. Hoping that they might throw in the 512 CF Card back in. Last call I made to Canon last Monday still no change. Just the free battery & lens book :(

espn said:
You might want to tell us which canon printer and what type of CF card is CP offering to you so that you can see and calculate if the price of additional ($349) is worth it or not.

Also you might want to go indepth on AP's price as they do import grey sets so you'll need to verify if AP's price is for grey or warrantied sets.

Might be good to check with CP if just the 300D alone is worth how much :), the difference can get you a 420EX external speedlight

thanks for the pointer. Din noe this about AP even I bought the 4900Z from them years back. :)

fs310 said:
Bought mine from MS Color for $1690 (inclusive GST) with Kit Lens. Can collect from Canon a free battery and a lens book. Haven't collected yet. Hoping that they might throw in the 512 CF Card back in. Last call I made to Canon last Monday still no change. Just the free battery & lens book :(

Wow.. So how was the gerenal feel about it?

The general feel....well black is a nice colour. A bit more cool lah knowing that the majority out there are silver.
You should alos consider the 300Ds being offered at Buy & Sell. This will release more of your budget for other accessories especially lenses.
As for CP's offer of Canon printer, my question is do you really need a printer. The CF card (make sure it is 512) looks more worth it. Remember, the black one doesn't come with the free 512 CF card (unless Canon change their mind) so you will have to factor that cost in.
You can also check how much is the cost of the 300D silver from the relevant shops and what are the freebies.
With all the info...you will be able to make an almost truly informed decision (an almost perfect information scenario).

Status
Not open for further replies.