Prices for Canon DSLR cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.
phool said:
Be careful with the rebate because it is only applicable to US residents. They will not send the rebate check to Sg and even if they do, you need a US bank acct to cash it.
also, the exchange rate by bank/credit card is usually worse off.

Updated: 18 May 2006

1. Canon 30D (New from Bally Photo with free gifts) - $2205 nett

2. Canon 30D (Used) - No previous record.

3. Canon 20D (New from TCW) - $1850 nett

4. Canon 20D (Used) - $1500
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...=183470&page=2
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=196227

5. Canon 350D (New with free gifts from John 3:16) - $1550 nett

6. Canon 350D (Used) - $1180
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?p=2161529&highlight=canon+350d#post2161529

7. Canon 10D (Used) - $900
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=194498

8. Canon 300D (Used) - $650
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=182460

9a. Canon 5D (Cathay Photo with No free gifts) - $5150 nett
9b. Canon 5D (MS Color with No free gifts) - $4950 nett by Cash ( Addl 5% on Credit)

Disclaimer: The price above are indicative only and subjected to various factors like condition of items, age, usage, warranty and included or missing accessories/parts etc. These information posted here are based on everyone's best experience and knowledge and the exact details have not been verified. The purpose of this thread is to provide a guide to all who may not be aware of the current prices (We still see ppl get ripped off at ah-beng's camera shops in Sim Lim Square, dun we?). Please do not go around asking to buy used cameras insisting the sellers to follow the prices here. Exercise your common sense and being flexible will help to make your camera purchase a more enjoyable task (For example, I wouldnt mind paying more for a used camera in real MINT condition)

I'm glad this thread is here. I have been using a ps (Canon A70) for several years and really want to move up to a dSLR, like a 350D or even a 20D. Even though I know that this is only a general guide, it gives me some good comparison prices to go by when I am doing my own research. I know these prices can vary and the market is constantly changing, but I just wanted to say thanks for keeping this thread going and up to date. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Helping to update... ;)

1. Canon 30D (New from Bally Photo with free gifts) - $2205 nett

2. Canon 30D (Used) - No previous record.

3. Canon 20D (New from TCW) - $1850 nett, $1780 (shop warranty)

4a. Canon 20D (Used - Without warranty) - $1500
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...=183470&page=2
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=196227

4b. Canon 20D (Used - With warranty) - $1580 to $1800

5. Canon 350D (New with free gifts from John 3:16) - $1550 nett

6. Canon 350D (Used) - $1180
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?p=2161529&highlight=canon+350d#post2161529

7. Canon 10D (Used) - $900
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=194498

8. Canon 300D (Used) - $650
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=182460

9a. Canon 5D (Cathay Photo with No free gifts) - $5150 nett
9b. Canon 5D (MS Color with No free gifts) - $4950 nett by Cash ( Addl 5% on Credit)

Disclaimer: The price above are indicative only and subjected to various factors like condition of items, age, usage, warranty and included or missing accessories/parts etc. These information posted here are based on everyone's best experience and knowledge and the exact details have not been verified. The purpose of this thread is to provide a guide to all who may not be aware of the current prices (We still see ppl get ripped off at ah-beng's camera shops in Sim Lim Square, dun we?). Please do not go around asking to buy used cameras insisting the sellers to follow the prices here. Exercise your common sense and being flexible will help to make your camera purchase a more enjoyable task (For example, I wouldnt mind paying more for a used camera in real MINT condition)

pacer said:
I'm glad this thread is here. I have been using a ps (Canon A70) for several years and really want to move up to a dSLR, like a 350D or even a 20D. Even though I know that this is only a general guide, it gives me some good comparison prices to go by when I am doing my own research. I know these prices can vary and the market is constantly changing, but I just wanted to say thanks for keeping this thread going and up to date. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
just to share, bought my EOS 350D from SLS at 1510 cash with local warranty, 1GB CF card and lens workbook. both redeemed from canon. i think it is very competitive now.:D

pacer said:
just to share, bought my EOS 350D from SLS at 1510 cash with local warranty, 1GB CF card and lens workbook. both redeemed from canon. i think it is very competitive now.:D

not to derail,1700 to 750 is quite ok, my p3 cpu(electronic goods) bought 1600 now sell also difficult..:)

Hi All,

I just dropped by the Tan Union Pte Ltd store at #02-111 People's Park Complex, and inquired about the price of a 20D (sitting shrinkwrapped in the store window). He quoted me something in the region on S$2200.
When I told him that TCW (not something he'd heard of, apparently) was selling a new warranteed set for S$1850, he immediately suggested the 30D instead.

The kicker.....he quoted me S$2000 (yes, two thousand Singapore dollars) for a new, warranteed - by Canon - set. Yes, EOS 30D (thirty-dee).
The rest of the conversation was how all the other 20D's (priced below his set) were refurbs, and couldn't possibly be new....etc.

The 20D is, clearly, overpriced.
The 30D is, clearly, underpriced, so it's probably a false quote, or a grey set. Either way, it's just too good to be true.

The 'quote' was done in the usual fashion of punching the numbers into a calculator. I believe this is done so he can always say that he hit the wrong button ;) and the price was misquoted. It's no wonder that places like that survive on tourists.

Any thoughts on this?
Anyone ready to buy a 30D can always take your cash down there, mention this quote, and see what you get out of it. Nothing to lose.... If I'd been ready to go with the 30D, I'd have pulled out the NETS card right there and then...

Thanks.

Hi,

Yes, it is puzzle me too.
As Canon priced 20D at higher price than 30D??
Can anyone from Canon verify this and why??

The only reason, I guest was to protect existing 20D user. In my opinion, this won't help as there are very few 20D stock available now!!?? So it is a Canon strategy??:dunno:

Upzz for the price guide as we can clearly see the DSLR new and used price if you want to upgrade or for newbie new purchase!

Digital Cameras prices
headlines_prices.gif

spacer.gif

pixel_blue.gif

Digital Cameras ModelRecommended Retail Price
* Street price varies
Digital IXUS 55 SGD -
Digital IXUS 60 SGD 599
Digital IXUS 65 SGD 679
Digital IXUS 750 SGD 749
Digital IXUS 800 IS SGD 749
Digital IXUS i Zoom SGD 549
EOS 1D Mark II N SGD 8499
EOS 1Ds Mark II SGD 14799
EOS 20D SGD 2969
EOS 30D SGD 2669
EOS 350D SGD 1599
EOS 5D SGD 5599
:thumbsup:

twiki said:
Hi All,

I just dropped by the Tan Union Pte Ltd store at #02-111 People's Park Complex, and inquired about the price of a 20D (sitting shrinkwrapped in the store window). He quoted me something in the region on S$2200.
When I told him that TCW (not something he'd heard of, apparently) was selling a new warranteed set for S$1850, he immediately suggested the 30D instead.

The kicker.....he quoted me S$2000 (yes, two thousand Singapore dollars) for a new, warranteed - by Canon - set. Yes, EOS 30D (thirty-dee).
The rest of the conversation was how all the other 20D's (priced below his set) were refurbs, and couldn't possibly be new....etc.

The 20D is, clearly, overpriced.
The 30D is, clearly, underpriced, so it's probably a false quote, or a grey set. Either way, it's just too good to be true.

The 'quote' was done in the usual fashion of punching the numbers into a calculator. I believe this is done so he can always say that he hit the wrong button ;) and the price was misquoted. It's no wonder that places like that survive on tourists.

Any thoughts on this?
Anyone ready to buy a 30D can always take your cash down there, mention this quote, and see what you get out of it. Nothing to lose.... If I'd been ready to go with the 30D, I'd have pulled out the NETS card right there and then...

Thanks.

was this quote including GST?

i have a m'sian fren who bought a digicam from chinatown. the shop told him that they will send him the warranty card within 2 weeks, claiming they need to get from another branch. in the end, he did not rx anything....

be careful when they said warrantied set....

jdredd said:
was this quote including GST?

Well, I didn't ask, and he didn't say.

In any case, the point is that the 30D can't possibly cost less than the 20D, GST or not.

:think:

newkidontheblk said:
i have a m'sian fren who bought a digicam from chinatown. the shop told him that they will send him the warranty card within 2 weeks, claiming they need to get from another branch. in the end, he did not rx anything....

be careful when they said warrantied set....

Wah liau that is like THE OLDEST trick in the book loh... can't believe your friend still fell for it!

Here are some other lines these shops use:

1) Dun worry wan. I Johnny will take care for you!. Warranty card I send in. I got people every week go Canon Office to do business... I send for you faster. No need waste stamp. Na! Write your details here and I ask my Ah Kow to fill and send for you! My Ah Kow the hand writing very the swee wan!

2) Nowadays no need warranty card wan. I Johnny guarantee plus chop. Just bring down the receipt can wan!

3) Sorrie hor, my chop chop bor ink liao. Tell u what. You fill in your details here. I fill for you, chop chop my shop stamp and I send for you!

Oh come on!

AhSeng said:
With GST???

Yes, with GST and other freebies. One good thing about Parisilk is that he gives freebies at his shop itself, no need to go to Harbour Front. With IT show coming up, the cost may still go down ! Watch out !

i think you found a good deal. i wanted to buy from them, but they insisted on selling me at 1560 (w GST) ard 12 May 06 period. I knew AP and MS prices were lower then. Can recommend who and which branch to go to?:thumbsup:

newkidontheblk said:
i think you found a good deal. i wanted to buy from them, but they insisted on selling me at 1560 (w GST) ard 12 May 06 period. I knew AP and MS prices were lower then. Can recommend who and which branch to go to?:thumbsup:

I guess price is more or less same everywhere. Prices have dropped from last one week. Even MS Colour sells at same price. One advantage of buying at Parisilk which I found quite useful is that I need not make a seperate trip to Canon Harbour Front.

Well, I bought from their Transit Road branch. But that is irrespective of person or branch in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.