price of film?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phantasia

Nov 9, 2003
The North
Visit site
Hihi,

Anyone can enlighten me on the price of films? Like the different types that are typically used and roughly how much it cost?

Thanks thanks~! ;)

General print work I use Fujifilm Superia X-TRA 400.
3 rolls $8.50 @ Cathay Photo (CP).

For general slide work I use Fujifilm Sensia 100.
I bought it in a 6-pack trial at $33, usually sell like $6 per roll.

B&W, can try Kodak T400CN, average $5.50 per roll. Cheaper to process.

Low light work, Fujifilm Superia 800 at $5.30 per roll, Press 800 at $6.50 per roll, Superia 1600 at $7.50 per roll, all at CP.

If you are really interested make a trip down to CP or Ruby and see what they offer. They have one of the widest selections of film on sale.

hi thanks both ektar and ah pao! :)

Actually i read bout velvia somewhere, is it supposed to be good for scenery? Any idea how much it costs?

Does it cost extra to develop slides?

And do films usually cost more if dun buy from CP? As in supposed i just need common films like superia400...can just get from normal photolabs? Would it cost alot more?

Paiseh ask so many questions.. :embrass:

phantasia said:

Actually i read bout velvia somewhere, is it supposed to be good for scenery? Any idea how much it costs?

And do films usually cost more if dun buy from CP? As in supposed i just need common films like superia400...can just get from normal photolabs? Would it cost alot more?

Fuji Velvia 50 is a slide film with a supersaturated palette... colours are very saturated and contrasty.. good for nature, flowers etc, bad for people. Try it first to see if you like it, cos not everybody likes 'disney' colours.

phantasia said:

developing negatives normally costs 3 dollars. to develop slides, you might pay between 4 to 6 dollars.
i pay 8 dollars for developing and mounting.

getting superia 400 is quite abit cheaper at cathay than other places.

Status
Not open for further replies.