Price of 70-200mm f2.8 IS USM mark II is out.

Must ..... control!!!

Gonna stick to my aim of just getting the F4! Be gone temptation!!!

I called and enquire it this morning... It might not be the best price in singapore, but thats the price i got...

This morning Cathay 3.1k....
MS color is at 3050 if im not wrong few weeks ago...

you'd pay only $25xx if you get it from bhphotovideo.com. should have picked up one when they had the canon rebates - there was a USD 100 discount for this lens.

you'd pay only $25xx if you get it from bhphotovideo.com. should have picked up one when they had the canon rebates - there was a USD 100 discount for this lens.

That's the Mark I version of this lens right. I don't think anyone has stock of the Mark II at the moment.

That's the Mark I version of this lens right. I don't think anyone has stock of the Mark II at the moment.

yep, mark I. but buying from bhphotovideo would always be cheaper. how much you save depends on the lens you get. wait till the USD falls to 1.35 or below! :)

paid $1630 for my 70-200 f/4 L IS in july 2009. saved around $250 i suppose?

Here in europe the price are as below
Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM€ 2.299,00

Nah, Jap Yen is free falling and is set to be going lower for the rest of 2010. Main fundamentals are because of its huge fiscal debt and the fact that it is the largest holder of US debt right now.

http://www.livecharts.co.uk/ForexCharts/usdjpy.php

The Jap Yen has dropped from about 88.40 to 92 today. So, don't let the shop owners pull a fast one on you with the classic 'Yen rising' trick.

Hope that is useful.

Mettalife

thk for the update. :thumbsup:

not been following news lately.

Ya, i heard about bhphotovideo.com, i saw that pricing too.. But too bad, im not a person who can buy electronic or electrical things online, i prefer to see the real thing before my cash get out of my wallet..;p

I won't.

I *would* consider EF 24-70mm IS though.

I dotnt hink theyll's be coming one with IS soon, to be honest it would be redundant.

I think Singapore's prices of the Mk I are kinda exhorbitant. I got mine a year back from Adorama, no shipping was equired as im studying over there so i paid about 1.8K USD, but now you can get it for about almost 2.7k if you ship it in from Adorama/b&h photo inclusive of shipping and GST

I'm eagerly waiting for the mkII to arrive in Singapore. Held off the temptation to buy the mkI when this lens was announced.

:)

Like ive said before IS doesn't exactly make a difference for focal lengths below 100mm, unless you have really shaky hands

Like ive said before IS doesn't exactly make a difference for focal lengths below 100mm, unless you have really shaky hands

IS would be useful for video and 24-70 f2.8 IS is a perfect lens for video. Even Nikon is making a WA VR lens. There is a niche market for IS/VR short focal length lens.

How big an improvement is the 70-200 II IQ over the version I? I am really curious what improvement has been done to version II when everything looks the same.

So anybody knows what is the price for the Mark II in Singapore?

Hi,
So anybody knows what is the price for the Mark II in Singapore?
Canon Singapore website list the RRP at: EF70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM - SGD 3,999.00

Have a nice day.

Hi,

Canon Singapore website list the RRP at: EF70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM - SGD 3,999.00

Have a nice day.

MAD PRICE
the IQ better be better than the MK I
if not i don't think anyone who did their research would buy

imagine paying that amount while getting similar to the MK 1
any reviews on it yet??
am interested about its IQ :)

Hi,

Have a nice day.

The price is definitely on the high side. Wonder how much our dear camera shops are retailing

them for..?? I'll definitely wait for the initial hype to subside 1st and to wait for reviews before

i get 1 of these. :)