Price for Sony A77 or A65 in Singapore and the best price to buy it

Got my sal1650 already. Sony store stock is back.

ataraxist said:
Got my sal1650 already. Sony store stock is back.

How much? Got quoted $990 from store in Funan.

I got lobang so it's cheaper for me :)

Any idea which shops have stocks for A77, need to try to get it before CNY.

beano said:

Hi. I just get it yesterday at sim Lim square V3. But they only have body set. And I think only 1 set left after I bought it.

call Sony Store firstr. If they have stock, dealers would have too.

call Sony Store firstr. If they have stock, dealers would have too.

I left my name and contact number with sony store. They calim that they will call when the stocks are in.

was at sigma service centre today. jfyi, alpha77/65 owners...

i had problem with a sigma lens autofocusing using alpha55 v2.0 firmware.

Notice to Sony a77 and a65 owners using Sigma’s Sony fitting lenses | sigmaphoto.com

Notice to Sony a77 and a65 owners using Sigma’s Sony fitting lenses
October 14, 2011

After thorough investigation, we have ascertained that auto focusing does not work properly when some Sony fitting Sigma lenses are used with Sony α77 and α65 interchangeable lens digital cameras. To overcome this, we will be supplying a free update to our customers. This phenomenon will only occur with the combination of any lenses listed below and the Sonyα77 or α65. Future production of Sigma lenses for Sony fitting will be fully compatible with these cameras.

We deeply apologize for any inconvenience caused to our customers.

[Phenomenon]
Auto focusing does not properly function when shooting with a Sony α77 or α65 camera.

[Lenses requiring the modification]
•10-20mm F3.5 EX DC HSM
•17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM
•17-70mm F2.8-4 DC MACRO HSM
•17-70mm F2.8-4 DC MACRO OS HSM
•18-50mm F2.8-4.5 DC OS HSM
•18-125mm F3.8-5.6 DC HSM
•18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM
•50-200mm F4-5.6 DC HSM
•4.5mm F2.8 EX DC CIRCULAR FISHEYE HSM
•10mm F2.8 EX DC FISHEYE HSM
•24-70mm F2.8 IF EX DG HSM
•APO 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM
•APO 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM A
•PO 120-400mm F4.5-5.6 DG OS HSM
•APO 150-500mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM
•50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM
•85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM

[Support for this issue]

We will be offering firmware update service for above lenses free of charge. Please contact your nearest authorized Sigma Service Station for further details.

We had this Sigma problem when A33/A55 was release then here we go again for A77/A65. I was almost tempted to buy Sigma Lens when i was in HK 1st week of Dec luckily I resisted the temptation...

We had this Sigma problem when A33/A55 was release then here we go again for A77/A65. I was almost tempted to buy Sigma Lens when i was in HK 1st week of Dec luckily I resisted the temptation...

Notice to Sony alpha 33 and alpha 55 owners using Sigma’s Sony fit lenses | sigmaphoto.com

Notice to Sony alpha 33 and alpha 55 owners using Sigma’s Sony fit lenses
September 10, 2010

Sigma’s lenses for Sony mount may have a potential aperture operation problem when used with the Sony α33and α55 Interchangeable Lens digital cameras.

To overcome this issue, we will be offering, free of charge, a modification service to our customers who have purchased a Sony α33and α55 and own current Sigma lenses for Sony mount.

This phenomenon will only occur with Sony α33and α55 cameras. Future production of Sigma lenses will be fully compatible with these cameras.

[Phenomenon]

When shooting with a Sony α33and α55 cameras, the aperture may not work properly and a “camera error” message will be displayed on the camera.

All current Sigma’s lenses for Sony mount.

*For discontinued lenses, a modification may not be available.

[Support for this issue]

We will be offering a modification service for our current range of lenses free of charge.

Last edited:
was at sigma service centre today. jfyi, alpha77/65 owners...

i had problem with a sigma lens autofocusing using alpha55 v2.0 firmware.

Notice to Sony a77 and a65 owners using Sigma’s Sony fitting lenses | sigmaphoto.com

Notice to Sony a77 and a65 owners using Sigma’s Sony fitting lenses
October 14, 2011

After thorough investigation, we have ascertained that auto focusing does not work properly when some Sony fitting Sigma lenses are used with Sony α77 and α65 interchangeable lens digital cameras. To overcome this, we will be supplying a free update to our customers. This phenomenon will only occur with the combination of any lenses listed below and the Sonyα77 or α65. Future production of Sigma lenses for Sony fitting will be fully compatible with these cameras.

[Phenomenon]
Auto focusing does not properly function when shooting with a Sony α77 or α65 camera.

•10-20mm F3.5 EX DC HSM
•17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM
•17-70mm F2.8-4 DC MACRO HSM
•17-70mm F2.8-4 DC MACRO OS HSM
•18-50mm F2.8-4.5 DC OS HSM
•18-125mm F3.8-5.6 DC HSM
•18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM
•50-200mm F4-5.6 DC HSM
•4.5mm F2.8 EX DC CIRCULAR FISHEYE HSM
•10mm F2.8 EX DC FISHEYE HSM
•24-70mm F2.8 IF EX DG HSM
•APO 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM
•APO 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM A
•PO 120-400mm F4.5-5.6 DG OS HSM
•APO 150-500mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM
•50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM
•85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM

[Support for this issue]

We will be offering firmware update service for above lenses free of charge. Please contact your nearest authorized Sigma Service Station for further details.
Funny, I have experienced no problem whatsoever autofocusing my 10mm F/2.8 EX DC Fisheye HSM on the A77. Mybe it only applies to those older lenses that have not had their firmware updated when the A33/55 first came out.

tomcat said:
Funny, I have experienced no problem whatsoever autofocusing my 10mm F/2.8 EX DC Fisheye HSM on the A77. Mybe it only applies to those older lenses that have not had their firmware updated when the A33/55 first came out.

Yes depends whether your lens was before or after the camera was launched.

Yes depends whether your lens was before or after the camera was launched.
I don't think that anyone would be able to buy any pre-A35/55 Sigma lenses brand new now as Sigma would have withdrawn all their Sony A-mount for firmware updating by now. It's very easy to tell whether the lenses now available are compatible with the A35/55 anyway as there is a sticker very prominently displayed on the box to let buyers know.

tomcat said:
I don't think that anyone would be able to buy any pre-A35/55 Sigma lenses brand new now as Sigma would have withdrawn all their Sony A-mount for firmware updating by now. It's very easy to tell whether the lenses now available are compatible with the A35/55 anyway as there is a sticker very prominently displayed on the box to let buyers know.

Yes look out for the sticker on the box. Do not buy if there is no such sticker. Problem is if u buy used lenses pre-slt.

It's quite normal for Sigma lenses to need to be rechipped for new cameras... the reason is that they don't license the technology from Sony but reverse engineer... I don't know how Tamron does it but they don't seem to have to do this, neither does Tokina... these are the 3 major third party lens manufacturers... so if you buy a Sigma, you have to get it rechipped if it was made prior to your camera's production... it's usually free... unless your lens is super old...

I found one shop selling A77 for $1,609 (Body) with the following below. Is this a good price or you guys got a better offer elsewhere pls share. Thanks

- 8GB Sony High Speed Memory Stick
- HerringBone Bag
- Extra Original Battery
- Sony DSLR Lens Guide Book
- Sony Digital Workshop Course

rev_zone said:
I found one shop selling A77 for $1,609 (Body) with the following below. Is this a good price or you guys got a better offer elsewhere pls share. Thanks

- 8GB Sony High Speed Memory Stick
- HerringBone Bag
- Extra Original Battery
- Sony DSLR Lens Guide Book
- Sony Digital Workshop Course

Just get from bns... got mint sets going for as low as 1.1k

Just get from bns... got mint sets going for as low as 1.1k

Just try my luck if able to get a mint set but still if price not much of a difference will rather get a new set. =)