price for k20d?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The prices for pentax cameras sold here usually won't drop as much as other places.:(

As FengWei mentioned, the new pentax dealer will show up here next month, hopefully is a good sign for us.

Saw on www.Vpost.com, shop@USA, the K20D was going for $672.68, with shipping cost of $7.94, totalling $680.62 which converts to $1,028.92. The GST of 7% has not been calculated in as yet.

With teh 7% GST = $1100.95

Is this worth the price?

Saw on www.Vpost.com, shop@USA, the K20D was going for $672.68, with shipping cost of $7.94, totalling $680.62 which converts to $1,028.92. The GST of 7% has not been calculated in as yet.

Is this worth the price?
its worth it bro new K20D for 1100SGd not bad at all..

Problem I face now is not enough cash as I jobless since Dec 2008. :confused: Oh well . . . wait a bit more and pray price come down somemore . . .

Is this worth the price?

That's really great price... are you sure shipping is only US$8, from vendor to VpostUSA address, then from VpostUSA to Singapore? But the base price of US$672.68 is still really good lah...

i could not find the cost of shipping from the Vpost US address to Singapore but the price seems a very good deal.Even with the cost of shipping from the vpost address to SG, it would still be very much cheaper than the current $1700 for body only here.

Hi All, this is my first post. I am interested in getting a K20D, but it seems quite ex locally compared to online.
I gotten a quote from DC empire using the link from the previous page
(http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/PENTAX-K20D-...temQQptZDigital_Cameras?hash=item230324825589)

Basically I asked them these:
1) Insurance. How much would shipping insurance cost to ship to
singapore?
Ans: "Insurance fee to Singapore would be 19.91USD"
2) Warranty. I understand some Pantax cameras qualify for
international warranty which is serviceable in Singapore. Does the
camera K20D comes with a international warranty card?
Ans: "We provide in house warranty for 12 months. However we do have 3 years
extended warranty for additional 49.63USD"

It looks like a pretty good deal K20D Kit, Estimate about SGD$1300+ including of shipping + insurance + TAX

Does anyone have any experience buying from DC Empire? and Does anyone knows whether PENTAX cameras comes from international warranty?

Thanks in advance.

Search thru the threads and look for creampuff's comments on how to obtain International Warranty from Pentax USA. You need to email a certain guy there and provide your details and the details of your camera and date of purchase.

Basically I asked them these:
1) Insurance. How much would shipping insurance cost to ship to
singapore?
Ans: "Insurance fee to Singapore would be 19.91USD"
2) Warranty. I understand some Pantax cameras qualify for
international warranty which is serviceable in Singapore. Does the
camera K20D comes with a international warranty card?
Ans: "We provide in house warranty for 12 months. However we do have 3 years
extended warranty for additional 49.63USD"

Sounds like they are selling "EXPORT" sets with IN HOUSE warranty. The same u get from some SLS shops. You won't be able to get official Pentax warranty.

I see. Thank you for the quick response felixcat8888 and Kin.

felix ordered the k20d already?
noticed you selling off your k10d already :)

do you mean it is almost cheaper by SG$1000?!? or price is almost SG$1000, so cheaper than buying locally?:dunno:
coz last I checked with CP in Feb, K20D body going @S$1665.00 plus GST.
its about $1000 discount if you were to get it from Best Denki promotion.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3243/3085148819_317cfa8741_b.jpg Nov 2008

hitting almost 8000 clicks since i got it. The K20D is a pretty good camera once know how it works.

hopefully with the new agent...lens prices will be more competitive.

Last edited:
its about $1000 discount if you were to get it from Best Denki promotion.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3243/3085148819_317cfa8741_b.jpg Nov 2008
I remember seeing this ad on clubsnap when I started looking around for a DSLR to buy back in January, was disappointed to miss that promotion and can't find anymore Pentax in Best Denki in Jan. But in the end all ended well I got hold of a second hand K10D and quite happy with it

Managed to sell off the Sigma lens. Now left the K10D to sell off. But managed to get the funds to buy the K20D at $1100.00 with extra battery from Wong.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.