Precision Printing possible from Epson and Canon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Java_Guru

Feb 3, 2002
Visit site
I have an Epson and intend to upgrade. I have noticed that the so-called borderless options (occurs for supported A4, 4R, 5R borderless) actually has a cropping applied even if the dimensions of the picture are exactly correct.

This is frustrating for me as I am trying to create a 9x9 poster from a set of 4Rs. I don't want this extra cropping as it spoils the poster.

Does anyone know of a borderless printer that is actually 100% true to the dimensions?

PS : I know it is possible to overspecify an image and get the 100% result but this is difficult and leads to some ink spillage.

borderless prints are achieved by printing slightly larger than the paper area. hence the slight cropping. Think that all the printers do that.

If it really bothers you, then print on slightly larger paper and cut it.

oh, I got around the problem by increasing the canvas size of my image in Photoshop. This is to safeguard my useful areas and to make sure they are there in my prints!!!

I am a sucker for ultra tight composition, so I can't and I won't budge even for that quarter of an inch...

jasphotography said:
oh, I got around the problem by increasing the canvas size of my image in Photoshop. This is to safeguard my useful areas and to make sure they are there in my prints!!!

I am a sucker for ultra tight composition, so I can't and I won't budge even for that quarter of an inch...

I am very particular abt WYSIWYG and so can only tolerate a 1% discrepancy. Current printers can't seem to handle this aspect of printing. sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.