praktica lenses

Status
Not open for further replies.

connectivity

Mar 6, 2006
hi can anyone tell me which camera brands are cross compatable with praktica bayonet lenses? thanks a lot.

connectivity said:
hi can anyone tell me which camera brands are cross compatable with praktica bayonet lenses? thanks a lot.
If I'm not wrong, it should be proprietary.

i know there are some that are cross compatable, possibly also east german companies? i am just unsure of which ones.

lsisaxon said:
After looking up the web, it does seem like the Praktica B mount is a variant of the Pentax K mount. I don't know how much difference they have or if they are cross compatible.

There have been hacks that adapt P-K bayonet cameras with the Praktica bayonet. Not sure about metering ability though.

Just get the original Pentacon or Carl Zeiss Jena B-mount prime lenses, the common ones are value for money. Can find on ebay. Singapore 2nd hand shop price a bit high. The only lens that is not so good is the Pentagon 28/2.8 but just stop down to f5.6 and u will be OK.

fuwen said:
Just get the original Pentacon or Carl Zeiss Jena B-mount prime lenses, the common ones are value for money. Can find on ebay. Singapore 2nd hand shop price a bit high. The only lens that is not so good is the Pentagon 28/2.8 but just stop down to f5.6 and u will be OK.
I see from your sig that you use both T* and HFT. I am very curious what is the difference between them. :) So far I haven't found a satisfactory answer from web searches. Maybe I'm missing something..

Status
Not open for further replies.