Practical Photography - 5 steps to better close-ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

megaweb

Staff member
Jan 17, 2002
East
megaweb.clubsnap.org
If you like to know how to take better macro or close-up photos, try to get this month Practical Photography magazine.

5 steps to better close-ups
If you want to find pictures literally under your feet, and see objects in a whole new way, then it’s time for you to explore the world in miniature. This 19-page feature will bring you up to speed with everything you need to know about macro and close-up photography

http://www.photographymags.co.uk/nav?page=photography.contentspage&view_resource=3422050

Hi;

Thank you for the information. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

There is a lot of close up shoot display on the Sentosa flower garden 07.

Thanks for the info man... have been reading up this mag for the past few months :thumbsup:

thanks for the heads up! macro time!! :) :thumbsup:

Thanks for the info man... have been reading up this mag for the past few months :thumbsup:

One of the best photography mag that you can find. In fact, the IR forum that was started in CS about 2 years ago is because of this magazine.

They were introducing Digital Infrared Photography technique in one of their writeup. Posted a few question in this forum and like what they say, the rest is History.
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=99181

Kudos to Pratical Photography!

A bit OT sorry...

Does anyone know where is a good place to get such magazines for a good price?

I notice the prices at the newsstands are always a few $ more expensive than what is stated on the magazines, after you convert from their US or Britsh pound currency. Maybe it's an imported thingy but is there a better price to be gotten... Only way is to subscribe to the magazines?

A bit OT sorry...

Does anyone know where is a good place to get such magazines for a good price?

I notice the prices at the newsstands are always a few $ more expensive than what is stated on the magazines, after you convert from their US or Britsh pound currency. Maybe it's an imported thingy but is there a better price to be gotten... Only way is to subscribe to the magazines?

Dun think the subscription is available in Singapore.

When buying from those newstand, sometimes i try to bargain..they will give you a little discount. keke (of course, I always goes back to the same newstand)

looks like an interesting read, thanks for the info, by the way any idea where they usally sell it in sing?

looks like an interesting read, thanks for the info, by the way any idea where they usally sell it in sing?

Love this magazine. Used to wait impatiently for the newest issue all the time when I was overseas. Still have issues from 1992 :bsmilie:

Seen it before at Borders. Have you tried looking there?

thanks ill take a look next time im in orchard

I think our national library have it. But not too sure if they have the latest issue.

For those of you who work around Raffles Place area... you can get it from the newstand along the MRT underpass (the one leading from the MRT to Lau Pat Sat direction). They sell it for about $1 cheaper. I get it from them each month.

There is supposedly another place to get -- Basheer at Bras Basah Complex (4th floor is it?). Seems like they can give a better pricing if you agree to get 12 issues from them (1 year's worth). I cannot verify this, but I read it somewhere on CS in an old thread.

For those of you who work around Raffles Place area... you can get it from the newstand along the MRT underpass (the one leading from the MRT to Lau Pat Sat direction). They sell it for about $1 cheaper. I get it from them each month.

There is supposedly another place to get -- Basheer at Bras Basah Complex (4th floor is it?). Seems like they can give a better pricing if you agree to get 12 issues from them (1 year's worth). I cannot verify this, but I read it somewhere on CS in an old thread.

The newstand at Raffles Place MRT will also deliver to your office nearby if you order for 12 months. :thumbsup:

May I know how much they cost per issue ? At least I can have a benchmark when I go and buy from other places.

just when to kinokuniya at taka this everning but they only have the feb issues ..can anyone tell me where can i get the march issues:embrass: :embrass: :dunno:

just when to kinokuniya at taka this everning but they only have the feb issues ..can anyone tell me where can i get the march issues:embrass: :embrass: :dunno:

Alemak... not so early one lah... try middle of the month.

Status
Not open for further replies.