PR Vietnamese man fined for molesting doctor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on the report, doesn't look like it.

Unless the doc decides to sue the guy for causing her mental stress or trauma. None is mentioned presumably because she didn't feel that way.

Neither was she harmed or injured, so there is no monetary claim from her insurance.

What else can she get? It's just a crime reported and justice meted out. The victim (the doc) gets no monetary compensation. The $8k goes to..... ? :)

If only these idiots use their heads to think. So sexually tensed up, go home **** it off, and donate half of his fine to charity also a lot better. The Viet guy thot he's still back in his country is it?

wah... i thought the 8k would go to the doctor as compensation.

hahaa, they are thinking with their little head. LOL

The Viet guy thot he's still back in his country is it?

This is uncalled for.. Do you mean there are no laws in Vietnam to protect their people from such abuse? :dunno:

This is uncalled for.. Do you mean there are no laws in Vietnam to protect their people from such abuse? :dunno:

Did I say or imply "There are NO laws in Vietnam..." I did not. Please don't misquote me.

Where have you been... Vietnam doesn't have laws as strict as Singapore's, if you don't know.

If the doctor did not retaliate or push him away fast enough, he would almost surely have gone further. Obviously he did not seem to know the dire consequences of his stupid act in the eyes of Singapore Law, given also that he is enjoying a good status as a scholar. (Read below.)

To all others:

I just read a more detailed report... this guy is a "Maths whiz/prodigy", and won an Asean scholarship to do a Master's degree in computer and electrical engineering at NUS. Married and father of 1 kid. After the doc pulled her hand away, he sat naked on the couch and asked if she was sure she was done with him. Sicko!

I somehow feel his status as a scholar has some part to play in the light sentence. Was expecting him to get a day or week's jail. After all, body contacts were already made and his actions were planned and ill-intentioned.

But this guy should count himself lucky. Had he managed to kiss the doc or touch her more private areas, I think he would have been in much deeper trouble.

Last edited:
wah... i thought the 8k would go to the doctor as compensation.

hahaa, they are thinking with their little head. LOL

Bro... where got so good???! The same with other offences/crimes.

It's really ironic huh... eg: A thief goes to steal something in a shop. Someone reports him to the police. The item is returned to the shop. The thief gets fined (assuming minor first offence) and the money goes to.... ? Not the shop!

In this case, the pervert and the doc are like mere actor and actress (poor victim) in a show. In the end, the money doesn't go to the victim, but somewhere else.

Did I say or imply "There are NO laws in Vietnam..." I did not. Please don't misquote me.

Where have you been... Vietnam doesn't have laws as strict as Singapore's, if you don't know.

IIRC, rape used to be a capital offence in Vietnam. It was only removed this year from the list of capital offence. Now offenders could get life imprisonment for rape in Vietnam.

So which country has the "stricter law" in this context? :dunno:

IIRC, rape used to be a capital offence in Vietnam. It was only removed this year from the list of capital offence. Now offenders could get life imprisonment for rape in Vietnam.

So which country has the "stricter law" in this context? :dunno:

Oh.. Did I miss something in the report? Was the guy trying to rape the doc? I thought it was molest. Hmm...

Oh.. Did I miss something in the report? Was the guy trying to rape the doc? I thought it was molest. Hmm...

Well.. I don't know what was his intention.. Do you?
Also, would he go unpunished if he was caught for molestation in Vietnam?
Please enlighten me.

If the doctor did not retaliate or push him away fast enough, he would almost surely have gone further. Obviously he did not seem to know the dire consequences of his stupid act in the eyes of Singapore Law, given also that he is enjoying a good status as a scholar. (Read below.)

To all others:

I just read a more detailed report... this guy is a "Maths whiz/prodigy", and won an Asean scholarship to do a Master's degree in computer and electrical engineering at NUS. Married and father of 1 kid. After the doc pulled her hand away, he sat naked on the couch and asked if she was sure she was done with him. Sicko!

I somehow feel his status as a scholar has some part to play in the light sentence. Was expecting him to get a day or week's jail. After all, body contacts were already made and his actions were planned and ill-intentioned.

But this guy should count himself lucky. Had he managed to kiss the doc or touch her more private areas, I think he would have been in much deeper trouble.

HAHA, no wonder he is maths whiz... so smart. Can calculate accurate enough not to cross the 'go to jail' line. LOL!

Enough of this tit for tat nonsense.

All I am trying to say is, I did not mention there are no laws in Vietnam which you implied I had done. So I responded to your post.

Secondly, I don't know his ultimate intention. But if you don't know too, why mention "rape" in your post? You are implying again?

Thirdly, bribery and corruption do exist in Vietnam and there is a way out of certain offences which is a lot more difficult if not usually impossible to do so in Singapore.

Geddit?

Ok, I gotta go home now. Cheers.

HAHA, no wonder he is maths whiz... so smart. Can calculate accurate enough not to cross the 'go to jail' line. LOL!

Whatever it is, just as I guessed it initially. He's a Foreign Talent!

Don't mess with them. Singapore needs them!

Bro... where got so good???! The same with other offences/crimes.

It's really ironic huh... eg: A thief goes to steal something in a shop. Someone reports him to the police. The item is returned to the shop. The thief gets fined (assuming minor first offence) and the money goes to.... ? Not the shop!

In this case, the pervert and the doc are like mere actor and actress (poor victim) in a show. In the end, the money doesn't go to the victim, but somewhere else.

Money go to the government lor...... and your point being?

Last edited:
Money go to the government lor...... and your point being?

how is it equitable to have the fine go to the victim, anyways?

certainly that might enforce the mentality - molest a doctor, pay $8000 and move on?

that manner of thinking is just ridiculous to me as well. certainly it makes more sense to attribute this as a deterrent, nothing more... if fines had to be visibly used to address the nature of the crime they were paid for, it would be a very interesting day for modern legislation.

anyways, glad to see that the moderators are clear on what's going on here.

Last edited:
How are you for sure this guy has a criminal record?
The doctor got too soft hands or her investigation was too 'sensual' :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

Why in the first place he was fined? Because he is convicted for the crime he has committed. I am not sure about the law in other countries, but for this case is definitely criminal record here.

http://www.criminallaw.sg/sexcrime.htm

You can visit the doctor and determine yourself. :bigeyes:

Last edited:
This guy damn weird. Normal guys have naughty nurse fantasies. This guy has doctor fantasies.

True the doctor didn't get the 8k, but at least she got her consultation fee, i hope, so not a total loss for her.

This guy damn weird. Normal guys have naughty nurse fantasies. This guy has doctor fantasies.

True the doctor didn't get the 8k, but at least she got her consultation fee, i hope, so not a total loss for her.

i don't have any fantasies, but i think there is quite a lot of p0rn out there that caters to doctor fantasies as well.........

If any part of the money actually goes to the victims, there may be a lot of "crying wolf" cases in future....

This is one reason why it's not a good idea.

mmm, we should be questioning the culprit integrity / moral attitude towards the Doctor who was being victimized; rather than discussing the sensualism. personally, I felt that the person is insulting the medical professional . from now onwards, she would have this stigma towards male patients and that is very unfair to us.. they should be fine, jail and caned to warn to sick minded guys out there to respect these medical professional!

Status
Not open for further replies.