Powershot S3 IS

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep you can even use it with some dslr lenses...
max diamenter it can be clipped on is 62mm

i am selling the original hood and 58mm adapter for the s3

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=267226

hey man!

i've got that already.. im just looking for the close up lens at the moment.. hope to pick up something on the buy/sell!

Was just suggesting, apart from the raynox 250, also worth considering is the raynox cm3500a which i bought from mcgill in the mass ordering thread. its relatively easy to use as its a clip on (same as the raynox 250?? )and also usable with a DSLR if you intend to upgrade in a short run. Plus, you will be getting a set of 6x; 12x; 24x:bigeyes: dio macro lenses for your own arsenal. cons is i think it costs almost double of the raynox 250. pricing wise i think its better you check from the thread...... friendly servicer:thumbsup: .

just my 2 cents worth.

Cheers!

thanks, found the raynox MO.

btw, what is the magnification of the 250? i seem to see so many different mag... is it a fixed mag or can i vary it?

thanks!

another silly question...

where would i a uv filter be listed on the buy sell? would be be under 'others' or 'lenses'?

i am also looking for a polarizing filter, would all these fit into my 58mm tube adaptor? what brands should i look for?

Thanks Guys!!

another silly question...

where would i a uv filter be listed on the buy sell? would be be under 'others' or 'lenses'?

i am also looking for a polarizing filter, would all these fit into my 58mm tube adaptor? what brands should i look for?

Thanks Guys!!

Filter is listed in "others"
As long as you get the correct diameter (58mm for your adaptor), you can fit it on. However, do check if there is vignetting when you put on the filter (at the wide end of your zoom). Hoya seems to be a popular brand but B+W seems to be most durable for the coatings (comes at a cost of course). Do a little research on the coatings... not all filters were made alike.

thanks man, great advice..!

will do more reading up.

Hi all,

Just bought the Macro 250 and WA DRC6600. Just wondering, I have a UV filter on the adapter and do I put the attachment in front on the filter or take out the filter, attached the WA/Macro and get another filter for the attachment.:dunno:

you should mount it straight onto the adaptor, as these lens are design with that focal length in the begining...if you stack, then the image will not be the best posible.

Hi all,

Just bought the Macro 250 and WA DRC6600. Just wondering, I have a UV filter on the adapter and do I put the attachment in front on the filter or take out the filter, attached the WA/Macro and get another filter for the attachment.:dunno:

is the s3 lens sufficent to get close up photos at the zoo? or do i have to purchase the tele add on lens?

if i do, whats a good recomendation?

thanks!

is the s3 lens sufficent to get close up photos at the zoo? or do i have to purchase the tele add on lens?

thanks!

don't think u need tele converter ..

with 12x zoom.. thats very good already

but after awhile, even 12x zoom is not enough.... :sweat:

It depends on what you 1 2 shoot lah. At 436mm equivalent, I think it should be very good range for zoo shooting.....and the 6MP will allow you to crop a bit if reach is still out by a little....but there are still people who shoot with 600-1000mm equivalent lah. So depends on what you shoot at how far away lah.

thanks!

sounds good, i think im going to plan a trip to the zoo soon..

are there any options in the camera to balance saturation and contrast?

thanks!

It depends on what you 1 2 shoot lah. At 436mm equivalent, I think it should be very good range for zoo shooting.....and the 6MP will allow you to crop a bit if reach is still out by a little....but there are still people who shoot with 600-1000mm equivalent lah. So depends on what you shoot at how far away lah.

miss the 436mm equivalent . now my camera only up to 79mm

Good Day guys... Anyone here knows anyone interested to get a 4mths old canon S3 with warranty card unfilled??

Pls direct them to me... Selling off my S3 cheap cheap... sigh.. no $$ liao...

THx so much guys... Have a great day ahead !!

exactly, mine too. i think its 6-72 right..? i dont seem to get enough zoom. i would love some more!

Hi all,

Just curious. You experience vigenetting if you mount the UV filter on the adapter then mount the DRC6600? I got a black edges all over the corners if I am at the default position. Worst...the flash will leave a shadow if you use it esp at night. Seems like need an external flash to resolve this kind of problem. :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.