Powershot S2IS or a DSLR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't think u gave people the wrong idea.

actually it's hard to be sure any of us have given or gotten the right ideas cuz the whole notion of 'indoor shots' hasn't been clarified anyway. does csisfun mean architecture, or birthday parties, or still life... hazy to me

raptor84 said:
welcome the the world of never ending upgrades :D i got hooked recently with a film slr :D

For your case, don't get DSLR anytime soon. Trust me, you will retire your film SLR sooner than you thought.... :D

synthesis said:
For your case, don't get DSLR anytime soon. Trust me, you will retire your film SLR sooner than you thought.... :D

Oi dont tempt me can hehe.. its a good think my bank acount dosent allow me to do for dslr yet...

All this basically centres on 1 issue and that is moolah! if you have more than enuf moolah then I suggest a DSLR, but if you think your'e not going to shell out more cash for the additions then I think the S2 would be great.

A DSLR is quite a big investment as the lenses do cost a bomb.

csisfun said:
Hi,

I'm interested in buying a new camera, which would either be an entry-level DSLR (D50 or something) or a Powershot S2IS. There are a few problems that I face now, one is money and the other is the capabilities of both create a really big dilemma.

Right now, I have done adequate research to know the ups and downs of a DSLR and a S2IS. I find that the appeal of the S2IS comes when you think about its lens - 12x zoom with image stabilizer, something that a DSLR does not have in its "stock" package. Then comes the "other side" of the story - a DSLR can last for years and years, and the "good" feeling that comes with having one of those.

Please advise me!!! :dunno:

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.