Potential ThinkTank Users' Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
sehsuan said:
It's here!

http://www.sportsshooter.com/sehsuan/thinktank/pages/1.html
(temporary page, please do not link here lest you want a dead link)

I'd think it would be possible to meet in say, on one of the weekend nights in town. :)

Those staying around Serangoon Central, can come over to pick it up from me direct - but give me a call at 9640 8500 first. Thanks!
that's great.

i'll probably bring along my kit to let you guys take a look. Monday evening fine with you guys? I have 9am to 6pm classes that makes no sense if I bring my kit out to...

City central, like BK Peninsula Plaza; say, 7pm?

thanks for taking the effort sehsuan. :thumbsup:

I'll probably not be able to make it. (work ends late ususally.....) :sticktong

Cheers!

sehsuan said:
Ah good. See you guys on Wednesday evening then.

I assume most of you would want the brochures too, right?
Hope to make it too.

I assume you're talking about the Modular Accessory & Strap Accessory System™?

http://www.tamrac.com/g_modularaccessory.htm

It really depends on your usage, but from the descriptions and photos I've scanned through the site, there are primary differences:

1. Raincover seems to be non-existent
2. Lens cases opening by zips - it is going to slow you down struggling with it horizontally. That's my experience with Lowepro, thought Tamrac may have it differently designed, but whatever it is, I sure can't tell from the photos.
3. How are you going to carry other things like I do? Notepad, CF card wallet, earplugs, extra batteries, small 50/1.8 etc?

One key thing that is recommended for the ThinkTank system that I must explain, which is, the camera body should not be kept in a pouch while being on the belt. It's not a safety concern/call thing, but more so a real world issue, imagine this - once you take your camera body out, would you want to have one empty pouch taking up space on your belt's real estate? It will definitely hinder you physically - as well as this. Imagine you're in the open, and suddenly it rains. Are you going to be able to move as fast with a camera slung on you, or kept as extra weight on your belt? There may be some who would say, "my camera isn't weather-sealed" - to which I'd suggest, keeping an eye out for rain shelter nearby as you move; for those whose cameras are weather-sealed, then you still have the option of moving slower to shelter at the expense of getting a little wet :D

Hope this helps!

OK, could I have a show of hands who's going tomorrow night? I'll bring along my gear and the brochures.

BK Peninsula Plaza, 7pm (to probably 9pm?)
1. sehsuan (if I don't go, you guys no need to go already, right?) :bsmilie:
2. madmacs
3. sljm

sehsuan said:
OK, could I have a show of hands who's going tomorrow night? I'll bring along my gear and the brochures.

BK Peninsula Plaza, 7pm (to probably 9pm?)
1. sehsuan (if I don't go, you guys no need to go already, right?) :bsmilie:
2. madmacs
3. sljm
4. saperboy

Thanks a lot for meeting us and giving us a chance to look over the system first hand. Thanks for the brochure too.

No problem. So long you don't feel I'm not selling koyok :bsmilie:

One thing I forgot to mention. The Lightning Fast flash pouch, fits a 550/580EX with an OmniBounce snugly. Couldn't find anything from LowePro that fit like that.

Thanks for sharing. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.