Potential owner of new D700

i heard that the nikon flash system is really advanced
i also heard that the camera just feels better in your hands

but most of all i heard that the nikon users are the best kaki

Support!!

I would think canon and nikon are pretty advance, I'm suppose the rest of the OEM manufacturer does pretty close too.

It gives more convenience, but not necessary better lighting quality. An experienced person, can beat a guy in lighting control using 2 SB900 in CLS, with a pair of YongNuo.

Cowseye said:
It gives more convenience, but not necessary better lighting quality. An experienced person, can beat a guy in lighting control using 2 SB900 in CLS, with a pair of YongNuo.

They are not exactly taking about the end result of the photo, rather the hardware itself. User exp aside, the temp of nikon canon flash is more consistent than most cheaper 3rd party.

Its just like saying, a faster car is still faster, but a better driver may still win the racer with slower car. Its just that we are taking only of the car, not the driver.

Hi KM, yr decision to buy the D700 n the AFS 24-70/f2.8 tells me you r serious about yr equipment choice. I hv shot w Nikon equipment for over 30+ yrs n hv not encountered equipment problems except once. I bought a D3 local set with full warranty, and on my first overseas trip w it, the main LCD that shows the picture just taken failed to work (totally black out). The top LCD and the lower LCD still worked normally. It's like going back to shooting film days. You hv to trust that you got the shot n won't know untilnthe film has been processed. Fortunately, I came back w many beautiful shots from JiangJiaJie and FengHuang Oldtown.
Upon my return, I sent to to NSC n they fixed it. I continued using Nikons still. I now shoot w both the D3s n D700 n never had any problems (the D700 has been w me for over 4 years now n still workingnperfectly).
Buy from authorised Nikon dealers are the safest.
Finally, u might wish to considere buying a used by good condition D700 instead of buying new. It's better value for yr $.

agree to sf_kang comment..maybe you should consider getting a 2nd hand d700..

Try DDElectronics.... they are parallel importers, considered in the grey market too. To be confident buy from authorized importers.

Last edited:
dde grey set price for D700 is not cheap compared to local warranty set. Pls check first.

certain parts of m'sia no stock of D700.My gf helped me find out.

I'm fated to wait for D800 ..sob

funny.. how come everywhere out of stock... tot everyone will wait for D800

funny.. how come everywhere out of stock... tot everyone will wait for D800

quite a few ppl gave up waiting for the D800 and went ahead to get the D700.

And supply of D700 have virtually stopped i heard, hence with the demand and no supply we get no stock.

Nikon Rumors mentioned that D800 coming soon... 36 million pixels!!! They even have leaked pictures of prototype units.. heard that it's dynamic range is not as good as D3s.. But I think it's still worth checking out if you are not in urgent need..

I'm using D700 now and is absolutely happy with this camera so far... It's indeed a very good camera..

quite a few ppl gave up waiting for the D800 and went ahead to get the D700.

And supply of D700 have virtually stopped i heard, hence with the demand and no supply we get no stock.
D700 no stock currently is because of Thailand flood. If the information I get is correct, even D90 is in production, one of the shops I visited told me and some of them still have D90 selling.

in case someone asks why Thailand flood got to do with Japan made D700, the reason is there are some important parts which manufacturing in Thailand were stopped.

Last edited:
New D700 still need SGD2550?? It's about ~RM 6200.
I thought it is in the region of RM5800 - RM6000 in KL.
mayb I am wrong.

There is a stock shortage of D700 in Malaysia due to the Thailand floods. Some parts for the D700 are manufactured in Thailand.
I called many places, lowest offer was RM5950, but out of stock. JB was fully out of stock. KL I managed to pick up the last one from J-One. Still quite a bit of savings. Here in SG cheapest with GST around $3200.

I could not wait for D800, have shoots to do. But no regrets so far.

There is a stock shortage of D700 in Malaysia due to the Thailand floods. Some parts for the D700 are manufactured in Thailand.
I called many places, lowest offer was RM5950, but out of stock. JB was fully out of stock. KL I managed to pick up the last one from J-One. Still quite a bit of savings. Here in SG cheapest with GST around $3200.

I could not wait for D800, have shoots to do. But no regrets so far.

won't regret! :)