POst processing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilovehouse

Oct 4, 2004
Hello everyone!

To some , this might be a stupid question but i just forayed into the DSLR relm so im having a little trouble with my shots. I shoot at Large quality setting on my 10D and when i upload it to photoshop , it just looks 'soft'!

i thought it was my focusing problem but then i sent my camera to the service center and they told me that its alrite? But then, i heard from a friend that digital photos do need touching up!

So im stuck and i really dont knw how or what i should do 1st. Anyone can pity a poor soul and help me out on this?

ilovehouse said:
Hello everyone!

To some , this might be a stupid question but i just forayed into the DSLR relm so im having a little trouble with my shots. I shoot at Large quality setting on my 10D and when i upload it to photoshop , it just looks 'soft'!

i thought it was my focusing problem but then i sent my camera to the service center and they told me that its alrite? But then, i heard from a friend that digital photos do need touching up!

So im stuck and i really dont knw how or what i should do 1st. Anyone can pity a poor soul and help me out on this?
First, get a photo editing program! :)

Hi ilovehouse,

As you may like to know, some lenses (e.g. 28-135 ISU) produce soft pictures, and you'll need to use image editing software such as Photoshop to correct the problem. Usually, L and prime lenses produce sharper pictures, but they're higher in costs.

Image editing is an integral part of digital photography. You should learn some PS skills to enhance your pictures. Even for film, the pics are touched up in studios to enhance the pictures. The lab will also do some touchup like correct the exposures, improve the contrast and saturate the colours when you do printing using negatives. So instead of relying on the lab, now you do it yourself, ie, you're the artist! :)

Hope this helps.

Thanks guys!
I use photoshop or rather, im trying to learn more about that darned software. Heh. doesnt help if im working on a pretty slow PC. Also, im shooting on sigma 15-50mm F3 and sigma 70-200mm F4.5.

Anyone out there knws whether it's the cause of the slight 'softness'?

Status
Not open for further replies.