Posing Book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are several in the public libraries ... you can probably do a search at www.nlb.gov.sg and figure out where the books are (which branches), or perhaps even reserve them. IIRC they are under dewey classification 770 or 778.

bro...try looking at some of the fashion magazines instead.... those posing books that are available..are pretty old most of the time...and the poses they do...looks v static and retro...

The library has quite a few titles as ericp has mentioned... but the titles are rather old. The poses they recommend are "classic" (read: outdated). They're ok if you want the basics... but there's nothing cutting edge or outstanding in terms of lighting or poses. They tend towards the classic "portraits" which are pretty passe... and they encourage females to adopt "feminine poses" which are very "tai tai" by today's standards and not really suited for modern women, who want poses that emphasize their style, independence, strength... etc.

Then again it depends on what you want to do.
:)

I agree with Witness and solarii ... the other thing is that the models in magazines would be a heck of a lot easier on the eyes than the ones in the books !

However, the books do have one thing that magazines don't ... most, if not all, do talk about the poses in good detail, as to what works, what doesn't (and sometimes the difference is quite minute, eg. awkward placement of hands), setup and lighting as well. A lot even covers the critical social part as well, eg. getting the model relaxed.

Therefore I guess the lesson to learn here is to pick up as many sources as possible, including seeing your fellow photogs at "work" during shoots, and figure out what works for you.

thought you guys might have some nice books to share that i might not have read. time to be friendly terms with my female colleagues! ;p

thanks to all who have replied.

Wow not bad, can we get this together and share it ard ;p

My only grouse, I prefer more natural poses :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.