Portrait shot using kit lens

pentax smc 50mm fa 1.4 is roughly about 500+

:eek: it's way above my budget:cry:
Guess i shall learn how to do manual focus and get the cheaper MF lens:confused:

:eek: it's way above my budget:cry:
Guess i shall learn how to do manual focus and get the cheaper MF lens:confused:

if you gonna buy MF then after awhile feel sianz and troublesome, then wanna sell again.. i rather you just start saving up.. in the mean time stick to your kit lens.. learn and experiment more with the settings...

then when you have enough $$ go get the AF lens.. 2nd hand maybe can cheaper..

Thanks!! :D

2nd hand 50mm f1.4 cheapest is 460...

i bought mine 2nd hand..

Thanks! great help:D
Will stick to my kit lens for time being.

Is there any recommendation for pentax portrait lens? (i'll be good if it can take a full body portrait)

hmm budget wise not more then 200:)

I will recommand the Tamron 28-75 F2.8 as it was build for portrait. bokeh is silky smooth and IQ wont lose to prime lens. you can zoom in and out as well.

I will recommand the Tamron 28-75 F2.8 as it was build for portrait. bokeh is silky smooth and IQ wont lose to prime lens. you can zoom in and out as well.

Can it do a full body portrait with bokeh with F2.8 as compare to pentax 50mm f1.4? (pardon my noob question)

How about the price for it?

Just to let you know, I'm using the oly 40-150mm kit lens to shoot portrait shots. ;)
Get a tele-zoom lens will also do, if the prime lens may be too much for you? :dunno:

I'm actually still confuse between zoom lens vs tele-zoom lens. :confused:
Zoom lens = different focal length to chose from
Tele = fixed?
What about tele-zoom:dunno:

Can it do a full body portrait with bokeh with F2.8 as compare to pentax 50mm f1.4? (pardon my noob question)

I'm actually still confuse between zoom lens vs tele-zoom lens. :confused:
Zoom lens = different focal length to chose from
Tele = fixed?
What about tele-zoom:dunno:

for the background blur.. ofcourse 1.4 will give you a more shallow depth of field.. but nothing wrong with 2.8.. nice..

Zoom lens is anyting that can zoom.. prime is anything that cannot..
tele-zoom is something that zooms to a telephoto angle range.. pleas don't confuse..

I am still little confuse what do u mean by full body portrait, I guess it can be done using this lens. maybe u have to judge for yourself with my sample picture, I took with the 28-75 f2.8 at the recent Cosfest event.

Cost? dont know the current market price maybe $550???

Taken at F4, 63mm
IMGP0444.JPG

for the background blur.. ofcourse 1.4 will give you a more shallow depth of field.. but nothing wrong with 2.8.. nice..

Zoom lens is anyting that can zoom.. prime is anything that cannot..
tele-zoom is something that zooms to a telephoto angle range.. pleas don't confuse..

prime can zoom.....its call the "legs" ;p

I am still little confuse what do u mean by full body portrait, I guess it can be done using this lens. maybe u have to judge for yourself with my sample picture, I took with the 28-75 f2.8 at the recent Cosfest event.

Cost? dont know the current market price maybe $550???

Taken at F4, 63mm
IMGP0444.JPG

Nice photo taken, guess it is also possible till the feet? i mean head to shoe:bsmilie:

YA so the prime doesn't zoom.. the photographer does... please don't mix up~!

Relax!! :bsmilie:

tele-zoom is something that zooms to a telephoto angle range
meaning it is also a zoom lens with tele-photo range? (better then a zoom?):embrass:

The following is a shot taken using the Tamron 28-75 F2.8 on a FF. Focal length used is 66mm, wide open.

25230_388223918555_576318555_3817432_7338226_n.jpg

The following is a shot taken using the Tamron 28-75 F2.8 on a FF. Focal length used is 66mm, wide open.

25230_388223918555_576318555_3817432_7338226_n.jpg

Thanks!!!!:D Will consider this lens now;) Seems like this is more of a better lens as compare to pentax 50mm AF(can zoom in and out)

But what is FF?

Thanks!!

Seems like this is more of a better lens as compare to pentax 50mm AF(can zoom in and out)

Don't get me wrong, is not the matter of "better lens", it how you use the lens. Like I mention before in my previous thread the factors to obtain a "blur background".

Below is a shot taken by the 70-200F2.8IS with a focal length of 200mm wide open.

31182_389750383555_576318555_3855346_5277672_n.jpg

yup so the example pics are taken with the tamron are zoom 28-75...

the other one is telezoom like 70-200...

Tamron 28-75 is almost the same as my kit lens 18-55 m i right to say so?
Zoom lens. But Tamron give me better aperture value compare to kit lens hence slightly better then kit lens in portrait shot.

Ic, so lens with focal length 200mm or more = tele zoom?