portrait shoot

babykoh

Jun 27, 2007
Dear all,

Need help urgently. Can anyone give me some guidance to set lighting and setting to take portrait shot. Something like those posing for property agent photo. Or there is any website that got guidance. Thanks

Dear all,

Need help urgently. Can anyone give me some guidance to set lighting and setting to take portrait shot. Something like those posing for property agent photo. Or there is any website that got guidance. Thanks

Will you be using studio stobes or just flash? How many lights? Is it on a plain white background or do you need a gradient (bright behind subject and vignette at the sides). I can sketch something for you but will need those info.

You will most probably need the follow:

- A white backdrop OR A white wall
- 2x 300W to 600W light
- A reflector
- A DSLR camera
- A workstation either Apple or Windows OS
- A simple makeup section for simple makeup

For makeup, if you have no makeup artist, you may wanna call female agents to do their own makeup. Just make sure makeup or not too overdone, as in colorful.

Cheers

Thread moved to Lighting for photo / video section.

Depends on the equipment you have. If only a simple 1 strobe with shoot thru brolly, position it close (about 2 feet) to the subject at 45 degrees right/left and height equi-distance. Have a while reflector (large cardboard or styrofoam) below chin and opposite side of the face to bring down shadow areas. Flash at manual power at 1/2 or 1/4 depending on your working aperture and shutter speed to moderate background (from off while to grey depending on your flash sync speed). Place subject to background distance (to moderate your light on the background). Chimp your shots to get the best combination of the above setup. Cheers!