Poorer Singaporeans earned even less last year

Status
Not open for further replies.
30 yrs ago , psle + hard work may equal good pay now
20 yrs ago, o level +hard work may equal good pay now
10 yrs ago, diploma level/ gce a level +hard work may equal good pay now
5yrs, degree level +hard work +creativity may equal good pay now
now, degree is a basic, hard work is a must , good pay is a big question mark.

what holds the future ?

Chiang said:

what holds the future ?

Future? simple solution:
Join "blahblahblah" and increase gst, increase petrol, increase transport fee and increase watever u can so in the end increase your pay and make the people suffer in silence.[some one in taiwan said "s'poreans are stupid", and indeed they are, all bills increase and they still dun wan any change, what to do?]

kcuf2 said:
Future? simple solution:
Join "blahblahblah" and increase gst, increase petrol, increase transport fee and increase watever u can so in the end increase your pay and make the people suffer in silence.[some one in taiwan said "s'poreans are stupid", and indeed they are, all bills increase and they still dun wan any change, what to do?]

Sporeans r nt all stupid.... they just want everything to be the BEST....yet when they r ask to pay for it, they all look elsewhere.....

CYRN said:
1DsM2 + 600f4L + 300-800 Sigmonster + 1TB RAID NAS + Mac g5 Quad processor.

for that total price tag, i rather buy a COE car and have spare cash for petrol for 1 year

user111 said:
for that total price tag, i rather buy a COE car and have spare cash for petrol for 1 year

I calculated for cars average expenditure (all inclusive) is min $1200 /mth.

1 year can buy 1 of the below item. ;p :sweat:

hehe but which car?

i am looking at 15yr old sedan. either ford laser or suzuki swift or lancer or civic

user111 said:
hehe but which car?

i am looking at 15yr old sedan. either ford laser or suzuki swift or lancer or civic

those less than 10yr "entry model".

For those >10yr might reliability issue as most likely the car have been "loot" by the owner juz before 10yrs... then cost of inconvinence will be much higher considering income loss and repair cost. Fuel cost likely to be more as efficiency is no longer there. Higher Tax too.

Chiang said:

what holds the future ?

All replaced by either Foreign workers or foreign talents......

CYRN said:
those less than 10yr "entry model".

For those >10yr might reliability issue as most likely the car have been "loot" by the owner juz before 10yrs... then cost of inconvinence will be much higher considering income loss and repair cost. Fuel cost likely to be more as efficiency is no longer there. Higher Tax too.

its a calculated risk. a cheap , less than 10yr car is hard to find :think:

user111 said:
its a calculated risk. a cheap , less than 10yr car is hard to find :think:

can't tell my clients ...paiseh..car break down.... :sweat:

thanks for sharing your perspective as a volunteer. however, i have read from letters to the press that one question asked, amongst others, is do you own aircon? a potential applicant may still own an aircon now which was installed during the good days or when they were gainfully employed. he may have stopped using it. one way is to peruse their utilities bills. in this case, it shows their electricity usage.

germ_boi said:
Yes, I volunteer at the places where we try to seek appeals for people who need the money due to financial constraints.

When we analyse their household expenses for them, I find it appalling that their cellphone bills are higher than mine, their cellphone are newer than mine and constantly changing. When we brought up this problem to the housewife (her bills are >$60), she said talking to her neighbours on the phone is a neccesity.

At this point i sorta lost my patience and told her why talk to her neighbour on the phone when they are living a few steps away and she says she is lazy.

Thereafter, we told her to reorganise her family before coming again as we thought she was certainly "affluent" enough to consider these neccesities!

So my conclusion i that what these people lack is not money, but financial IQ, how to handle their money etc, maybe the parents reading this, oughta teach their kids yea? That is definitely more impt than any lesson in school.

Imagine the budget used to upgrade your neighbourhood town, MILLIONS of dollars spend for a nice walkway lifts upgrading and tacky gardens- with that amount of money could indeed help the lower income and unemployed families by giving an increase with the progress package. Which is more neccessary- to feed the poor and unemployed or to make a pretty enviroment and show off the world singapore is a tacky place to live in but in fact the ppl are suffering- what is the P A P gonna do about this ?????

Chiang said:

what holds the future ?

Now Degree & Diploma difficult to find job. Got one jobless for 1 year.

Now my company is recruiting part-time business partners. Commission Based $1K->$5K, no walk-in, must make appt first but Singaporeans have to think first. What the heck r they thinking. Some worse make appt no come make me wait in the office for one whole day. I think they r can't see the business opportunity :dunno: here some have make it every month more than $11,000. Singaporeans didn't try first they give up already.;( Hard to find right people nowadays. I join this company as I can c the opportunity & change my lifestyle also.

Status
Not open for further replies.