Would you buy a Wireless OTG?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

enghong17

Jan 6, 2004
39 Haji Lane
enghong17.blogspot.com
With wireless technology knocking at our doors with the Canon WFT E-1 and Nikon WT-2 and the Canon iXUS Wireless. Its a matter of time we can og wireless to the portable HDD. Would you pay for such a product? And how much?

Think the Canon WFT E-1 is selling at USD1K.

Would you buy if such a system, including the transmitter and receiver on OTG?

Just a POLL. :)

yes, i need a Canon WFT E-1 that is much affordable

however, 1D MKII only got firewire connection, so can't use the USB port for transferring :(

I think i better explain more.

The concept is a Portable hard disk device which can receive, wirelessly, the images taken by your camera instantly.

The images can be transmitted by a WiFi SD card from your camera to the hard disk. Simply to say, goodbye to expensive flash memory, hello to cheap HDD memory.

Noone wants such a device?

Another comment is that with increasing pixels and output files, you'll be getting less pics from your pricy 4GB flash cards.

I wouldn't mind that :D
Once it becomes cheaper, and proven to be reliable :D

adamadam said:
I wouldn't mind that :D
Once it becomes cheaper, and proven to be reliable :D

Of course the initial product may be aimed at professionals who need to lug their iMacs out to the field right now cos their Hassey backs shoot files at 87Mb but who knows it may become cheaper and more effieicient and off course with a more reliable sourse of IP/TPT transfer of data wirelessly.

Anyone with suggestions what they want which such a mass storage device to include?.......off course pls don't add the non realistic functions of the 1DMKII with the funny buttons that was on the kopitiam the other day.......:)

wireless usb has already been developed and will probably take another few more years before companies take up the techonology and produce devices with it.. It was the same with USB2.0 which saw products bearing USB2.0 after few years of its introduction.

And I wun pay more than $100 to get it

yanyewkay said:
wireless usb has already been developed and will probably take another few more years before companies take up the techonology and produce devices with it.. It was the same with USB2.0 which saw products bearing USB2.0 after few years of its introduction.

And I wun pay more than $100 to get it

Oh, i am talking about a current technology which you can get off the shelves, prob within the next year. Wireless USB may take years before it becomes cheap enough. Getting used to the technology alone will take some ppl years.

Status
Not open for further replies.