Poll: Will you get a grip for your new OM-D E-M5?

Will you get the optional grip?

Results are only viewable after voting.

South Asia Computer @ Funan has two grips in store. [Didn't ask for the price.]

Last edited:
xllms said:
may I know which shop were u at? thx

AWF and MS Colour have the grip.

Last edited:
Tk foto has a couple of sets in stock.

Personally I only need the horizontal grip but not something like this. A stick-on grip that doesn't block the battery door will be good.

grantyale said:
Personally I only need the horizontal grip but not something like this. A stick-on grip that doesn't block the battery door will be good.

I don't even use the battery compartment, it doesn't bother me at all. It's the same as for any other vertical grip for SLRs, you simply just use the battery compartment in the grip.

ageha said:
For me m43 is more about carrying a backpack of lenses with ease. The body needs to be still comfortable for me so I don't mind adding 2cm to the height.

Thinking of carrying more than two lenses in the bag at any one time, maybe get the A&A GCAM 1000. It can take 5 lenses. :)

Hacker said:
Thinking of carrying more than two lenses in the bag at any one time, maybe get the A&A GCAM 1000. It can take 5 lenses. :)

Do you mean the ACAM 1000? I was thinking abt getting this bag, but one CSer commented there's a design flaw because the metal hinges will damage the canvas sling/strap over time and it cannot be replaced when it spoils. Any views?

esoeij said:
Do you mean the ACAM 1000? I was thinking abt getting this bag, but one CSer commented there's a design flaw because the metal hinges will damage the canvas sling/strap over time and it cannot be replaced when it spoils. Any views?

Its the leather version, the GCAM. I have a few of the bags and it is well made, except maybe for a WCAM which did not fully close on the top. Compared to the fogg and Billingham (have quite a few too of each), the A&A has less padding which is fine for me. Makes it smaller. No issues with the strap. Can always cut it away for a new one, but it just lasts.

Hacker said:
Its the leather version, the GCAM. I have a few of the bags and it is well made, except maybe for a WCAM which did not fully close on the top. Compared to the fogg and Billingham (have quite a few too of each), the A&A has less padding which is fine for me. Makes it smaller. No issues with the strap. Can always cut it away for a new one, but it just lasts.

Do you know if the GCAM n ACAM 1000 can fit an iPad? I checked the dimensions online but it seems too close to tell if can fit or not. Thanks for your feedback.

esoeij said:
Do you know if the GCAM n ACAM 1000 can fit an iPad? I checked the dimensions online but it seems too close to tell if can fit or not. Thanks for your feedback.

No. I got it just now at decameraconsultant. There is the ACAM 1000 available still. Hurry.

Hacker said:
No. I got it just now at decameraconsultant. There is the ACAM 1000 available still. Hurry.

Thanks for the tip. But I will not get it for now since it can't fit my iPad which I want for traveling.

xllms said:
Thanx...have bought from MScolor few days ago :)

I succumbed and bought the grip and will be giving up the Gariz case. But only using the small part of the grip, not the second half with the battery compartment which is too big. Perhaps with the 75-300mm lens one day.

Last edited:
esoeij said:
Thanks for the tip. But I will not get it for now since it can't fit my iPad which I want for traveling.

The bag is perfect. Tried fitting in the body, and some of the larger lenses, all fitted well. 75-300, 17.5mm, 14-140mm, 25mm and the 7-14mm. All could fit perfectly. An all-in-one bag.

I succumbed and biught the grip and will be giving up the Gariz case. But only using the small part of the grip, not the second half with the batter which is too big. Perhaps with the 75-300mm lens one day.

That's exactly what I am going to do too! Usability with the 75-300 is wonderful...

Hacker said:
I succumbed and bought the grip and will be giving up the Gariz case. But only using the small part of the grip, not the second half with the batter which is too big. Perhaps with the 75-300mm lens one day.

I'm using the Gariz case too but also asked my friend currently in HK to help me source for one.

IF he succeeds in getting one I'll try and see which I prefer.

Then again we have the 7% GST. I got mine at hkd 1990 and 2490 for the flash, so I am not going to complain.

the price i got it for in Singapore is basically HKD 1990 * 1.07 (GST). So for me it's okay :)

My friend just bought a grip for me @ 1890 HKD.