I AM A BORN-AGAIN FILM USER!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

engineermunn

Nov 21, 2002
Visit site
Here's a poll.

How many started with film cameras, then delved into the digital realm, then got sick of it and have went back to film?

Yes! I've returned to film from digital. But mostly for my black and white work.

I'm a naturalist. I like the natural aspect of film.
So I'm a die-hard film user.

There is nothing wrong with digital and I think each individual can stick to what they like. I saw in 1 part of National Geographic documentary about many of the images were edited in the way that certain scene which may never happen naturally. He was illustrating that there was this cover magazine that include a group of whales in a background that is not suitable for whales habitat. He explained that since long ago, film has been reliably recorded events that actually taken place. With digital editing, we may not able to tell say the next 50yrs whether certian events actually take place or are they real. See, that is one reason natural or wildlife publications doesn't accept digital images. It is nothing about the format or media.

Also, I like photography but I hate image editing. I believe my editing skill is stinky. Just like I love to surf but I hate to design webpages (@_@), I rather code PhP then doing webpages. Shoot and pay the lab to do the job I can do/hate to do.

Short and sweet.

wherever the option is

: from digital to film ?

i'm film user, converted to digital not long ago.

but feel that digital lacks the purist touch. hehe. color sensitivity is somehow degraded from those taken in film. although modern software like PS can do some help, but sometimes it do look a little un-natural. and 1 thing i hate most is the multiplier... i'm sure a lot of us are not that rich to get a full-frame.

there're lots of time when i felt damn sick of my DSLR, that i just yearn to switch back to film. but the high running cost is just too much to justify.

behyx said:
i'm film user, converted to digital not long ago.

but feel that digital lacks the purist touch. hehe. color sensitivity is somehow degraded from those taken in film. although modern software like PS can do some help, but sometimes it do look a little un-natural. and 1 thing i hate most is the multiplier... i'm sure a lot of us are not that rich to get a full-frame.

there're lots of time when i felt damn sick of my DSLR, that i just yearn to switch back to film. but the high running cost is just too much to justify.

Have it process and scan by lab. Grace charge only $3 + 2.5, make into print for those you like. Enjoy the joy of photography, unless u are good in image editing and enjoy spending all the time doing editing... (@@)

Status
Not open for further replies.