polarizing & UV filters..

Status
Not open for further replies.

weezdom

Oct 14, 2007
hmm.. dun wanna start a war here, but which brands of polarizing filters and UV filters would you guys recommend? am looking for circular polarizing filters :think:, but am a bit lost :dunno: in this area..

Hoya?
Vitacon?
other brands?

cheers!

night86mare

Deregistered
Aug 25, 2006
www.pbase.com
what is your budget?

hoya is generally best bang for buck

and usually brand wars take place over cameras, not filters la hurhur

weezdom

Oct 14, 2007
hmm.. budget? no budget in particular.. looking for sth real good.. i see mostly Hoyas.. anyone knows abt the brand B+W?

SolBadGuy

Nov 5, 2006
hmm.. budget? no budget in particular.. looking for sth real good.. i see mostly Hoyas.. anyone knows abt the brand B+W?
B+W is costly... never had one before.. but from what other CS-ers have been saying... it's gooooooddd

Snoweagle

Jan 26, 2005
Pasir Ris, Singapore
For me it's B+W and nothing else. I used to be a Hoya user but due to it's 'harder-to-clean' nature, i switched to B+W and never regretted since.

ExplorerZ

Jan 9, 2006
West Legion
hkchew03.deviantart.com
when you are talking about Best bang for bucks, its definitely Marumi... their slim 77mm CPL cost only 70+SGD in China... if older from ebay, its about 90SGD+ including shipping. :thumbsup:
and yes, it performs as well as the Hoya Pro1 slim, if not better

Aug 6, 2006
I was at Cathay MS the other day when the salesperson promoted the panasonic polarizer to me. According to him, it is a slim one with multi-coated and it has a thread for the front len cover to be fitted. The price is $300!! But they are selling at $190 now. Any comment on this panasonic polarizer?

Anyway, the B+W one, 72mm, is seliing for $215.

ExplorerZ

Jan 9, 2006
West Legion
hkchew03.deviantart.com
I was at Cathay MS the other day when the salesperson promoted the panasonic polarizer to me. According to him, it is a slim one with multi-coated and it has a thread for the front len cover to be fitted. The price is $300!! But they are selling at $190 now. Any comment on this panasonic polarizer?

:think:, still safer to get the common brand... Hoya, B+W, Kenko(Kenko offer one of the best value in SG)

SolBadGuy

Nov 5, 2006

since the diff in price between the panasonic (at offer price) and B+W is not significant, i'd go for the B+W any day. the testimonials given by those who use it = :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom