Polarizing filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArchRival

Sep 17, 2006
Dudes, when you use a circular polarizing filter on the sky, do you need to twist it to get maximum blue-ness? I tired twisting it but the sky does not seem to get any bluer through the viewfinder.

Dudes, when you use a circular polarizing filter on the sky, do you need to twist it to get maximum blue-ness? I tired twisting it but the sky does not seem to get any bluer through the viewfinder.

Probably because:

(a) there is little polarized light in the sky to begin with (heavily overcast, "wrong time of day", etc)

(b) you ain't at the ideal 90dg to the sun (as an extreme, at 180dg, it is almost non-existent)

I was pointing right angles to the direction of the sun.
Maybe it's the clouds then.

It is the very nature of a polarizing filter to be twisted. Read more here: http://www.great-landscape-photography.com/polarizing-filter.html
The twisting allows finding those rays that carry the most blue whereas those rays carrying the white of haze will be filtered out.

polariser will only works if you sky is Clear blue or with some clouds.

It will be totally useless in a milky cloudy day.

Status
Not open for further replies.