Pma 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

fWord

Jun 23, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Not much longer to go now. :) Any speculations or rumours on new products that Canon might be announcing this year?

+evenstar said:
read the canon forum for all rumours. if you miss the rumours, i can't help you...;)

Yes, there's definitely been some hints floating around here...EOS 30D, 3D e.t.c. maybe even a 18-200mm f/4L IS :bigeyes:.

Unfortunately, nothing that looks more concrete. I'm especially interested because I only have the kit lens in my setup now and have some cash in hand. Although I am ready to spring for a long telezoom, I'm wondering if I ought to hang back in case Canon announces a good lens this month.

Worse, I don't think all the announcements are actually made during PMA itself but some come a few months after.

raptor84 said:
YOu can give me your money first so you are not tempted to spend :)

Aye aye, Capt'n, if you can then return the lump sum with good interest!

I'm still searching the stock market for possible targets.

EOS 35D and the EF 85mm f1.2L USM markII :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

user111 said:

EF 85mm f1.2L USM markII? I wonder what improvements this will have over the first. :think: Or will it be a marketing strategy that really doesn't hold much water?

Personally, I'd be interested to see something along the lines of a 200-400mm f/4L IS, or an improvement of the current 100-400mm to incorporate better optics and the 3rd generation IS. ;p

fWord said:
EF 85mm f1.2L USM markII? I wonder what improvements this will have over the first. :think: Or will it be a marketing strategy that really doesn't hold much water?

Personally, I'd be interested to see something along the lines of a 200-400mm f/4L IS, or an improvement of the current 100-400mm to incorporate better optics and the 3rd generation IS. ;p

I'm hoping that the MKII version of the 85/1.2 will bring about better focusing speed and reduced size. Let's see how that turns out. Better price would be cool too heh.

Stoned said:
I'm hoping that the MKII version of the 85/1.2 will bring about better focusing speed and reduced size. Let's see how that turns out. Better price would be cool too heh.

A better price would do it for most people who need such a lens. :) But I wouldn't be surprised if the change turns out to be purely cosmetic.

fWord said:

I read from other forums that lots of Canon user are asking for this 200-400mm f4L, some even wanted it to zoom up to 500mm, who knows really :dunno: ?! The 100-400mm 3rd gen will surely come, question is when, as you say ... might come few months after PMA, quite true.

Just remember, waiting too long without a lens that you wanted is quite suffering, time is also money! The more you wait the more to lose! Mmmm ....But just wait a few more days for PMA and no more...!

The more i shoot, the happier i am! :sweatsm: Hope your Dream lens will come to you soon.

RonSS said:
I read from other forums that lots of Canon user are asking for this 200-400mm f4L, some even wanted it to zoom up to 500mm, who knows really :dunno: ?! The 100-400mm 3rd gen will surely come, question is when, as you say ... might come few months after PMA, quite true.

Just remember, waiting too long without a lens that you wanted is quite suffering, time is also money! The more you wait the more to lose! Mmmm ....But just wait a few more days for PMA and no more...!

The more i shoot, the happier i am! :sweatsm: Hope your Dream lens will come to you soon.

That's true...the waiting is testing my patience as I'm already ready to take a leap at the 100-400mm or even the 24-105mm, depending on what wins the mental battle in the ensuing hours. I know they're each in a hugely different category, but I'm just thinking too much about getting a 'complete kit', and the false aim of using money wisely. :D The fact that I even started photography has killed my savings account.

It'd be a pain though, to buy the 100-400mm and have Canon announce a much better version for not too much more dough at a slightly later date. To be frank, I thought the PMA was also towards the end of Feb, so there's indeed a lot more waiting to be done if I really want to see what is going to be announced.

+evenstar said:
Maybe a new lens to match the Sigma 50-500mm? But with IS and f1.4-4L...;p
It's probably gonna be as big as, if not bigger than the 1200 :sweatsm:

+evenstar said:
Maybe a new lens to match the Sigma 50-500mm? But with IS and f1.4-4L...;p

Well, damned if I'm imagining too much, but it'd be a big mama! :bsmilie: If Canon produced something with the same focal length and maximum aperture but with added IS, it'd be a great plus of course.

user111 said:

A lot of these are rumours on rumours...it does not even have any basis and could even start from the 'PS'ed' EOS 35D that has a 40 f1.2L on it...it became a 50 f1.2L and suddenly people were saying the 85 f1.2L MKII just because someone here ( Nick: OXXXXX) mentioned that he heard the 85 f1.2L is out of production since last June...from HK. Well, someone bought an 85 f1.2L manufactured in october...UT10XX...

Ever played the game of passing the message down the line with 20 persons and the last comes out with a really diff msg from the first? That's how rumours spread.

I will not bet on an 85 update....

JediForce4ever said:
Or maybe Canon can also produce a 300-800mmf5.0L IS..that would be nice too.

Hi Jedi,

One fine day, you might wake up to see rumours of Canon producing this lens and you'd be the rumour starter...why...most rumours start from wishlists and after talking about it for a while, it becomes speculation and then near fact until nothing comes out..:bsmilie:

NorthernLights said:
A lot of these are rumours on rumours...it does not even have any basis and could even start from the 'PS'ed' EOS 35D that has a 40 f1.2L on it...it became a 50 f1.2L and suddenly people were saying the 85 f1.2L MKII just because someone here ( Nick: OXXXXX) mentioned that he heard the 85 f1.2L is out of production since last June...from HK. Well, someone bought an 85 f1.2L manufactured in october...UT10XX...

Ever played the game of passing the message down the line with 20 persons and the last comes out with a really diff msg from the first? That's how rumours spread.

I will not bet on an 85 update....

Well, I'd definitely be more interested in rumors with a little concrete backing. But unless we know an insider, I guess none of this information will be coming out. I bet Canon is just itching the surprise the hell out of the competition with something big, but hope they won't make a booboo like they did with the 24-105mm lens. Considering people had so much faith in them, this was a big mistake to make.

Certainly, they then offered to get everything fixed for free in the end, but it didn't have to be this way in the first place.

Unless perhaps this mistake was actually intentional...a way to make things backfire on those involved in the grey market?! :dunno: I suppose a grey piece can't be repaired for free right?

Status
Not open for further replies.