Pls recommend Slave flash for Canon SLR with ETTL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony K

Jan 23, 2002
S'pore, AMK
Visit site
Hi,

Pls recommend an affordable & good Slave Flash (preferably with Auto mode & f-stop compensation) that will work with Canon's ETTL.

I came across a thread
MASS ORDER: High GN Slave flash suitable for digital camera
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13456&highlight=slave+AND+Flash
but I'm not sure whether it'll be compatible a not?

I'm using a Canon EOS 300 film SLR that has E-TTL.
It does have a preflash but I do not know whether the trigger timer delay is 120ms a not.
Anybody can help to verify this?

I'll most probably using it for portait shots.
I have a Canon Off-camera Shoe cord 2 which I'll mount my EX380 speedlite 2m - 4 m away from my camera.
N.B. The original length of the Shoe cord 2 is only 60cm, I've modified it to be able to extend up to 4m while still retaining the E-TTL function.

Let's say I mount my speedlite at the right side, I hope to have a Slave flash at the left side to provide some illumination.

Comments pls...
Thanks in advance!!! ;)

I'm using a Sigma EF500 Super flash as my slave flash. Actually I got it before the Canon 550EX. So instead of selling it, I kept it for use as a slave. Work wonderfully with my 550 with E-TTL functions.

Originally posted by Bluestrike
I'm using a Sigma EF500 Super flash as my slave flash. Actually I got it before the Canon 550EX. So instead of selling it, I kept it for use as a slave. Work wonderfully with my 550 with E-TTL functions.

Wah bs, u got 500ex. heh.. didn't know that.

Hi Bluestrike,

Thanks for your reply.

Your Canon 550EX + Sigma EF500 Super flash combination is indeed a good & versatile solution. But it's way out of my budget as it will cost me about S$1,000.

I'm hoping to get a < S$100 Slave Flash that will trigger with the Main Flash (2nd) & not the preflash (1st).

Hello,
don't worry too much about that, the flash is selectable to either fire on 1st or 2nd flash. As for the delay 120ms is a dreadfully long time in terms of flash cos most flashes last less than 1/1000th of a second - thats less than 1ms.

Originally posted by Tony K
Hi,

Pls recommend an affordable & good Slave Flash (preferably with Auto mode & f-stop compensation) that will work with Canon's ETTL.

I came across a thread
MASS ORDER: High GN Slave flash suitable for digital camera
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13456&highlight=slave+AND+Flash
but I'm not sure whether it'll be compatible a not?

I'm using a Canon EOS 300 film SLR that has E-TTL.
It does have a preflash but I do not know whether the trigger timer delay is 120ms a not.
Anybody can help to verify this?

I'll most probably using it for portait shots.
I have a Canon Off-camera Shoe cord 2 which I'll mount my EX380 speedlite 2m - 4 m away from my camera.
N.B. The original length of the Shoe cord 2 is only 60cm, I've modified it to be able to extend up to 4m while still retaining the E-TTL function.

Let's say I mount my speedlite at the right side, I hope to have a Slave flash at the left side to provide some illumination.

Comments pls...
Thanks in advance!!! ;)

Originally posted by Bluestrike
Hi BS, does the Sigma EF500 Super flash has a slave trigger activated by your main flash? I was interested in this Flash but was told is a normal analog flash so no flash trigger!

Status
Not open for further replies.