Pls help - lost my camera!

Status
Not open for further replies.
JesGirl said:
oh yes. one thing i found it strange.

Though my room is facing the corridor, most people cannot look into the room as my unit is higher than the corridor. They can't possibly see what's on my desk, they can only try to reach and feel for it. Unless they are 1.7m and above. Even so, they will have some difficulty trying to grab things from the desk.

There was no stool for the person to stand on because my dad actually saw him (didn't see his face) and chased him straightaway. But the person ran too fast. My dad couldn't catch him and cannot really remember his features (my dad is old and short-sighted).

Where are the sports photographers when you need one? :D

just trying to lighten up the situation.......

Not sure if he reads this thread. If he does, hope he still has some conscience by returning it to me. When I say I won't pursue the matter, I really mean it. Just pass it to my mother during the day and say you're returning it as a friend. Nobody in my family will be suspicious as I didn't tell them that I actually lost a camera.

Hope I can return home one day with a good surprise :)

thank you, HelmetBox.

I have been in a lousy mood since I lost the camera.

JesGirl said:
Not sure if he reads this thread. If he does, hope he still has some conscience by returning it to me. When I say I won't pursue the matter, I really mean it. Just pass it to my mother during the day and say you're returning it as a friend. Nobody in my family will be suspicious as I didn't tell them that I actually lost a camera.

wow he can be from here? :eek:

JesGirl said:

Sorry to hear. I do wish you would be able to get your camera back.

I'm staying @ Tampines St. 81. The window of my room looks out to the corridor as well. I believe our flat should share the same design. He must be really tall to be able to see what's on your table, lest grab the camera from your table.

I placed my dry box by the window too... Lock and keys though.

Tert

JesGirl said:
My camera was stolen yesterday. I bought it less than 2 months. I would appreciate if someone finds or returns it to me. My promise is I will not pursue the matter and will let it rest. I really need my camera back. Here are the details of my camera:
"Not sure if he reads this thread. If he does, hope he still has some conscience by returning it to me. When I say I won't pursue the matter, I really mean it. Just pass it to my mother during the day and say you're returning it as a friend. Nobody in my family will be suspicious as I didn't tell them that I actually lost a camera."

Dear JesGirl, I am very sorry to hear that you lost your camera, BUT, it hurts me to know that you are thinking that the thief is from one of Clubsnap members and the clubsnap member is reading your message and return your camera.
PLEASE WAKE UP and don't have the idea that CLUBSNAP members are thieves!! My apology if I hurt your feelings, but please be more careful when you write as you are implying that the thief is from clubsnap and will read your messages.

Go to the police station and make a report and if your home is insured under AIA home insurance or other home insurance,you can claim the amount that you have lost and get a new camera back.

i didn't imply that any of you is the one.

i am merely trying the slimmest chance. Though i know it's almost a miracle for that to happen. who knows that guy may be just surfing in...

in fact, i've never come to this forum before until now. Was telling my friend about my camera and he recommended me here.

but then, i didn't expect someone to rub my wound. I am already feeling lousy. And am trying every way my friend and the rest of the users here has recommended, which include making a police report and check out the secondhand stores.

instead of being empathic, one shouldn't be so sarcastic. You will know the desperateness if you are the victim one day. Hope you will not.

jamesong said:
"Not sure if he reads this thread. If he does, hope he still has some conscience by returning it to me. When I say I won't pursue the matter, I really mean it. Just pass it to my mother during the day and say you're returning it as a friend. Nobody in my family will be suspicious as I didn't tell them that I actually lost a camera."

Dear JesGirl, I am very sorry to hear that you lost your camera, BUT, it hurts me to know that you are thinking that the thief is from one of Clubsnap members and the clubsnap member is reading your message and return your camera.
PLEASE WAKE UP and don't have the idea that CLUBSNAP members are thieves!! My apology if I hurt your feelings, but please be more careful when you write as you are implying that the thief is from clubsnap and will read your messages.

Go to the police station and make a report and if your home is insured under AIA home insurance or other home insurance,you can claim the amount that you have lost and get a new camera back.

I seriously don't think it was intended that way....... Imagine I lost something, I sure post everywhere in hope that someone will see it. For all you know its your friend or something or the guy is just surfing wanting to sell off the camera or something. Who knows.......

Never give up hope! :D

thanks again, HelmetBox.

JesGirl said:
i didn't imply that any of you is the one.

i am merely trying the slimmest chance. Though i know it's almost a miracle for that to happen. who knows that guy may be just surfing in...

in fact, i've never come to this forum before until now. Was telling my friend about my camera and he recommended me here.

but then, i didn't expect someone to rub my wound. I am already feeling lousy. And am trying every way my friend and the rest of the users here has recommended, which include making a police report and check out the secondhand stores.

instead of being empathic, one shouldn't be so sarcastic. You will know the desperateness if you are the victim one day. Hope you will not.

Dear JesGirl, I am not sarcastic and I feel sorry for you BUT please wake up! We are living in the real world,once its lost its lost,unless the police can find it and I have mentioned that if you have home insurance,you can get a brand new camera back.
As for the implications on Clubsnap members,your messages in public is very clear,so be very careful what you write in future.

jamesong said:
Dear JesGirl, I am not sarcastic and I feel sorry for you BUT please wake up! We are living in the real world,once its lost its lost,unless the police can find it and I have mentioned that if you have home insurance,you can get a brand new camera back.
As for the implications on Clubsnap members,your messages in public is very clear,so be very careful what you write in future.

jamesong, IMHO, i think you should be the one to wake up. jesgirl is just trying to post a message to try her luck. no matter how i look at her posts, it never occurs to me that she associates any clubsnap member to such crime. but if you think of this issue in a more neutral way, you will have to agree that there are bad hats in any organisation/environment. super friendly and nice clubsnap members that you see in the forum doesn't mean that everybody that visits clubsnap are nice and friendly. there are guests viewing the forum also right? (yo, pls wake up) and if a thief steals a camera and wants to exchange it for cash, where will he go? cash convertors? yahoo auction? hardwarezone.com? clubsnap? these are all possibilities, doesn't take a genius to figure that out. i usually do not speak out in clubsnap, but i just feel a need to defend jesgirl here. come on, she has just lost something that is valuable to her, and here you go asking her to wake up, and also accusing her of implicating clubsnap members. shame on you. :thumbsd:

manager1 said:
jamesong, IMHO, i think you should be the one to wake up. jesgirl is just trying to post a message to try her luck. no matter how i look at her posts, it never occurs to me that she associates any clubsnap member to such crime. but if you think of this issue in a more neutral way, you will have to agree that there are bad hats in any organisation/environment. super friendly and nice clubsnap members that you see in the forum doesn't mean that everybody that visits clubsnap are nice and friendly. there are guests viewing the forum also right? (yo, pls wake up) and if a thief steals a camera and wants to exchange it for cash, where will he go? cash convertors? yahoo auction? hardwarezone.com? clubsnap? these are all possibilities, doesn't take a genius to figure that out. i usually do not speak out in clubsnap, but i just feel a need to defend jesgirl here. come on, she has just lost something that is valuable to her, and here you go asking her to wake up, and also accusing her of implicating clubsnap members. shame on you. :thumbsd:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
:cheergal: :vhappy:

jamesong :flame: :kok: :nono: shame on u shame on u

:bsmilie:

Everyone chill out man! I'm sure that guy had his reasons for feeling that way. Still the threads not about that, its about informing on the lost, so lets all keep a lookout! At the rate information spreads online, I'm sure there will be a ray of hope.

SPREAD THE NEWS!

manager1 said:

Mr Manager, I am not ashame of myself.What I said are facts and I am one of the clubsnap members.I have said enough and do not wish to go further any more.

feel sad for ya...
:(
though my gears are never stolen.. but still.. i feel yr hurt..

recently a buddy of mine.. dropped his S2Pro into the sea... wah lau.. plus his lens.. abt 5K gone
:confused:

RuthBaby said:
feel sad for ya...
:(
though my gears are never stolen.. but still.. i feel yr hurt..

recently a buddy of mine.. dropped his S2Pro into the sea... wah lau.. plus his lens.. abt 5K gone

Must be you jump up behind him flashing ur avatar right? hehehehe :D

Kidding

...Sorry to hear that... I'll keep a lookout too...

RuthBaby said:
This is my 2nd worst fear for my gear right after 'Getting it stolen'!

manager1 said:
How do you know Jesgirl IS a girl? :bsmilie:

Anyway, sorry to OT on your thread JesGirl. But it's really no point to hope that your camera may come back to you. Just face up to reality and you will get over the pain in a short while. Whoever stole your cam will get his just desserts. Maybe while taking picture with your cam, the battery explodes in his face! :devil:
I had my first digicam and video cam stolen also. Even the police said it's no hope. To me, that was a sign for me to move on to a DSLR. :D

JesGirl said:
i am actually hoping to settle this amiably. Don't want to arrest the person as long as I can retrieve my camera. But if filing a police report works, I guess i would have to do it.

Actually though we can share your misery and frustration over the theft, I felt that you are being selfish in that your only interest is to get back your camera (which is almost impossible) and NOT to arrest that thief, who may continue to do the same to many others. (Just feel how these future victims will experience becasue the thief was not reported or prevented to do more mischief).

As for how the thief would know, i guess there are some possibilities:
1. He must surely be tall, over 1.7m so that by extending himself, he should be able to have a glance of yr inside,
2. Yr father should have some idea on the race of that thief, dark or fair person, long hair?, just something he can remember,
3. He must surely have been noticing you, posiible yr cameras attracted his attention, or even you may be a attractive person,
4. He must surely be abt 18 - 30 yrs, and must surely know sth abt cameras, maybe even quite educated. ...

Plse make a police report now.

Status
Not open for further replies.