Please save FujiFilm FP-3000B everyone, there still hope!

wahgongzai

Dec 13, 2006
Hi everyone... today is a sad day for all peel film shooters from all over the world.

FufiFilm USA confirmed they will dis-continue the only BnW peel film in the world. :dunno:

Now everyone panic, few of the famous US retail store have no more stock...

There is a petition going on
https://www.change.org/petitions/st...-of-fuji-3000b-instant-film-by-fujifilm#share

Please lend your support, we need all the help we can.

For more info you can check out fstoppers.com
http://fstoppers.com/the-discontinuation-of-fuji-3000b-instant-film-by-fujifilm

Hi everyone... today is a sad day for all peel film shooters from all over the world.

FufiFilm USA confirmed they will dis-continue the only BnW peel film in the world. :dunno:

Now everyone panic, few of the famous US retail store have no more stock...

There is a petition going on
https://www.change.org/petitions/st...-of-fuji-3000b-instant-film-by-fujifilm#share

Please lend your support, we need all the help we can.

For more info you can check out fstoppers.com
http://fstoppers.com/the-discontinuation-of-fuji-3000b-instant-film-by-fujifilm

very sad, i picked up 10 boxes this weekend, should be sufficient for while.. but hate to contemplate after stocks dry up.. :(:cry:

very sad, i picked up 10 boxes this weekend, should be sufficient for while.. but hate to contemplate after stocks dry up..

Have put all my FP-3000B into Gold Storage. Soon FP-3000B will join his older brothers FP-100B :angel: and 400B :angel:. Now headache cause no fridge space to store more if I buy.
285_zpsef56c0a2.jpg

Although getting back 3000B hope is very very slim, I think its still worth that we try to make our voice heard. The Petition have reach 10,159 as of now. A Facebook Page was started, please lend your support and spread the message. Thank you

signed!
All should sign this man, fujifilm is making great cameras, great films.
They should continue to do so!
Keep the low light polaroid shooting alive!

Fuji!

I had my frens in hongkong buy as much as they could and they only managed to source two packs plus price was upped

Hi all, the petition for the Saved FP-3000B "in a way" have ended. However if you have any friends who wanted to support the petition can still sign the petition thru change.org

2 Months ago, I manage to stock up 15 boxes with some help from a CS bro. Base on credible info, the last batch produced will be marked expired April 2015, so in theory still have one more year to go before it is really dead. Hopefully a miracle will happen... On my side, I have decided to embark on a personal project dedicated to FP-3000B. Currently still in the midst of planning. Hopefully the project will kick start late June or early July.

2 weeks ago, another sad news was announced. Fujifilm discontinues Neopan 400 PRESTO Black and White :(

Although film world is shrinking, miracle do happen. Photographer Bob Crowley and other film lover have decided to revive the famous Type 55 Instant film. It is definitely the most exciting news that all film lover wanted to see. I don't shoot larger format, but I am definitely supporting this project :vhappy:

Lastly thank you all who have lend your support on saving FP-3000B. Thank you

FP100s_zpse73d9b37.jpg
Hi all, just to share a surprise finding recently. I have been trying to collect all the 100 format Fuji FP-boxes since 2012. After searching for almost 1 yr+, I finally found the rare FP-400B (Discontinued 2010 :cry:) box with film with the help of an old friend. The last one I need to collect will be the 100C Silk (Discontinued 2011-12 :cry:) so I can finally do a personal full review on these peel films.

CSilk02_zpsd664ca7c.jpg
My original idea was to buy expired ones from eBay. About a week ago while I was on my way home from Sim Lim I passed by a developing film shop at Burlington Sq. I sort of peeped inside while I was walking pass and noticed something new on the shelf. I saw FP-100C Silk? At first I thought these may be the 2011 expired stocks. I can't resist but to walk in and ask, I am extremely surprised when the boss told me it expired in 2015. I straightaway bought two boxes for S$21 each. I remember Ruby sells these at S$20 about a year ago but sold out shortly. Now 100C Silk in a way was officially discontinued. Fuji Global website only shows 100C and 3000B(?) Fuji Singapore 100C, 100B(???) and 3000B(?). Why new fresh stock (discontinued film) emerge? Is Fuji testing water and thinking of bringing 100C silk back from the dead? I am extremely excited... if this is true... If Silk come back will 100B, 400B and 3000B have a chance too? Maybe Fuji can try something like the New 55 film @ Kick stater. Launch a "Special Biannual BnW pack" consist of 100B, 400B and 3000B", if the desired target is achieved they can make the film since its already all paid. Just a wild suggestion but I think its very plausible.

Beside 100C silk, 100C45 fresh stock also appear on eBay with expired date dated as far back as July 2016 (It happened once before). The 45 ones are a bit expensive, about S$5-6 per exposure... I am wondering, will the new 100C45 stock also be on sale locally? If it's yes, it will be great if the price is between S$35-S$40 range. Maybe I will drop by Ruby and Konata Film and see whether they carry these stock. Hope I can find cheaper Silk, thinking of getting two more for long cold storage.

Keep on shooting film and pixel everyone :)

I've been buying fp100c silk from konota ever since 2011 at $19.90. I have no idea how but sometimes they still stock it. I don't know them enough to ask but maybe you can try. I have afew empty boxes if you want them

I have a few empty boxes if you want them

Thank you very much Shadowleong :bsmilie:, appreicated.

Got two boxes of Silk so now collected all the 100 Fuji peel film boxes. Can start planning the film review and shoot now.

A few months ago, I bought 30 boxes of FP100 and 3000b from Amazon! I think about just under SG$300, which was fantastic as each box was less than $10 including shipping. I think it's still selling for about US$8 on the Amazon website now, which is slightly more expensive. But FP3000b is no longer in production so it has jumped from $8 to US$20 online.

If you shoot tons of FP film then can consider this option :)

I bought 30 boxes of FP100 and 3000b from Amazon! I think about just under SG$300

:) Yap, same here. Bought a few times from amazon because of free shipping (US$125 or more from Amazon Prime). FP-100C few months back is US$8.50 now up US$8.99 (max 5 boxes) and a bundle offer of 5 boxes US$50.25 - $53.20 (unlimited qty). FP-3000B I remember I paid US$9.50 (max 5 boxes) and the bundle I forgot. Now Amazon Prime no more selling FP-3000B. Other vendors seizing opportunity to sell at cut throat price... demand and supply what to do : < Lucky I stock up 20 more boxes FP-3000B before the sad announcement.

FP10045A_zps221963e3.jpg

FP10045B_zps67821699.jpg
Anyway Yesterday night received a surprise from a close friend. Got 2 boxes of FP-100C45 (fresh fresh :D) Never expect I will get a chance to shot this format. Very excited. Will cool storage now to save it for a special secret DIY project. Maybe will get to use it together with the New 55PN film. Can't wait. Thank you Fujifilm :thumbsup:, for the new batch of Silk and 45.

Keep on shooting film and pixel everyone : >

Hong Kong thefilme.com just stock up a large pile of FP-3000B... Price very reasonable.

Anybody going Hong Kong these few days and thinking going to CC new renovated store? I visited her old store last year, don't have this offer :bheart:

If any Clubsnap instant film lover going to Hong Kong this coming week or during CNY holidays can consider visit TheFilme Shop own by CC (Guinness World Record holder for owning the largest collection of unprocessed camera film). She just stock up a large pile of FP-3000B film. I went there twice no such lobang.

Why... Singapore don't have this Lobang... Why...Why
RABrock_zpsmsaoxwdz.gif

It is an extremely sad day for all peel film shooter. The FP-100C will be dead soon. :bheart:

http://petapixel.com/2016/02/29/fujifilm-putting-end-fp-100c-peel-apart-instant-film/

I think I will just enjoy shooting it with what I have. Let just hope they will not destroy all the machines, formula and make it impossible to revive... In case someone is interested to take over.

IMPOSSIBLE MISSION "Saving FP FILM"
SaveFP100C%20small_zpspzfxkoo9.jpg

Model 100 (The first peel-apart folding camera, was first produced in 1963. Estimated units produced is 1,200,000+ (for Model 100 alone). The one I have is still working fine. There are many many millions more peel-apart cameras waiting to be use around the globe. Imagine that!​

Hi all, today something hopeful surfaces on the fate of Fujifilm FP film. Impossible Film founder Dr. Florian Kaps aka "DOC" is on its way to meet up with Fujifilm management in the hope to save Peel-Apart film from extinction. Will he succeed? I have no idea. I only know that it is an impossible feat to pull off.

Instead of relying on one person or small group of people, every film shooter/lover/admirer/newbie and any kind person who think that this unique and one-of-the-kind film should stay alive. We should lend a hand to make it happen, regardless of spreading the message around or sign the petition to show our support. We need all the help we can get.

Any suggestions or ideas to keep peel apart film alive is also welcome (Please no bashing or just threatening to boycott. It will not help or solve the problem) If Fujifilm ultimately decided to fully exit from its peel-Apart business, I hope Fujifilm will not destroy the machines or the formula to make them. Sell them to someone else like Impossible, Lomo or even Kodak(?). From there they may downsize the machines to fit a smaller production output (like film ferrania). The new peel-apart brand can sell film on a pre-order basis (something like kickstater funding model).

What I really hope Fujifilm will do is to show that they do care about the future (survival) of analogue film photography. Please do not make the same mistake like Tom Petters (Former Polaroid CEO) who demolished all the factories/machinery and even the formula. Sell the business away to someone else who will continue to make the film, so our future generation can experience the joy in analogue photography like we do.

SaveFP100C%20small%20B_zps5xheaemw.jpg

Remember if this feat really pull it off, it is not just the possibility of continuing shooting FP-100C. Peel-Apart film like FP-100B, FP-400B, FP-3000B, FP-100C45, FP-100B45, FP-500B45 and FP-3000B45 may get revived also.​

As an instant shooter, I truly appreciate the instant gratification and the connection with your subjects. The sheer thrill when you see your subject "wow!" as the photo is being peeled in front of them. Hope things goes through. Meanwhile, no choice... have to stock up some.

100C3382s_zpsnzsnp1nb.jpg

Fate pending? Just Display on shelf or working camera which continue to capture precious memory and beautiful images

As an instant shooter, I truly appreciate the instant gratification and the connection with your subjects. The sheer thrill when you see your subject "wow!" as the photo is being peeled in front of them. Hope things goes through. Meanwhile, no choice... have to stock up some.

I totally agree with you. I myself have experienced this many times. Just feel sad realising once I have used up all my peel film stock. I will not be able to share or have this magical experience anymore.

Just an update, Dr. Florian Kaps (aka. Doc) did have a meeting with Fuji. As predicted, nothing happens. It was more like a courtesy meeting of a sort. Although no promising outcomes have surfaced from this meeting, at least I am glad to know that support from peel film lovers and supporters from Japan are strong. I think only time will tell.

Fuji has always take pride to be the camera company who listens to their consumers (digital market). And I do hope they will sit down and think how will they end this beautiful and near perfect film product hopefully with a happy ending. Remember one's action will echo forever in History. Do they want to be known to be the company which destroyed peel film totally or the film company which in a way offered an alternating path so that this peel film will continue to exist?

Just passed the baton PLEASE to someone else, you have done your best and we are happy you (FUJI) have produced this beautiful film till now.

If you wish to find out any updates from Doc, you can check out his SAVE PACKFILM TRAVELOG.

Never Give Up! Never Surrender!

After 2 yrs, "Doc" Dr. Florian Kaps is back, now with a team of "Superheroes" trying to save Peel/Pack film from dying.

Check out the "interview" and also visit their "Save Pack Film" site regarding the upcoming September Kickstarter.

Please do spread the message thru facebook or Instagram to help support this project.